Brighton UK
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Brighton UK

Default Brighton UK

Hi

Is there any controllerists in Brighton UK? I have many dj mates but only a couple of them digital dj's. Thought it would be cool to meet more digital dj's in the area and share ideas and mashup some sets.

what do you reckon?
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Mentor

I guess I'm classified as a 'controllerist', and I'm in Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by famoussas32 View Post
    I guess I'm classified as a 'controllerist', and I'm in Brighton
    Hi.

Yeah tending to use the term controllerist more than dj now. what sort of music you into? I enjoy everything but prefer to play deep tech tribal house and breakbeat for the cue jumping which i find fun. Bit partial to psy trance aswell. you have quite a setup. do you play out at clubs or bars yet? I've done a few times.
    Last edited by zimfella; 02-23-2010 at 07:09 PM.

I'm from Brighton too! I don't play at clubs or anything spectacular like that. I just play at friends houses sometimes.

Starting to see more and more people with midi controllers and traktor at house parties though. I suppose it'll leak over into the club scene soon enough. I see people with serato at clubs alot in Brighton but never really traktor.
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    Hi.

Yeah tending to use the term controllerist more than dj now. what sort of music you into? I enjoy everything but prefer to play deep tech tribal house and breakbeat for the cue jumping which i find fun. Bit partial to psy trance aswell. you have quite a setup. do you play out at clubs or bars yet? I've done a few times.
    Thanks man, I tend to just use the 4D at the moment but want to perfect my CDJ skills. I play fidget house, dubstep, anything with a lot of bass. Yea I play in Volks a lot and have played in Digital before.

Trying to start playing out a lot more this yr.

Tech Mentor

im just north of brighton near haywards heath. we should plan a meetup or something...

Awesome

I've always fancies doing a digital dj night no cdj's. I think it would make an interesting night. And maybe give the rest a run for their money lol. Yeah seen serato out before and Kion (superdubpressure) uses traktor scratch.

Famoussas which nights do you play at? I tend to go to the volks more than any other club as I still find they play the best tunes in Brighton generally.

Hey guy's yeah really keen to meet up if your up for it. Maybe meet for a pint or few msg me and I'll send you my number. Don't really fancy putting my number out in cyberspace.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    Awesome

I've always fancies doing a digital dj night no cdj's. I think it would make an interesting night. And maybe give the rest a run for their money lol. Yeah seen serato out before and Kion (superdubpressure) uses traktor scratch.

Famoussas which nights do you play at? I tend to go to the volks more than any other club as I still find they play the best tunes in Brighton generally.

Hey guy's yeah really keen to meet up if your up for it. Maybe meet for a pint or few msg me and I'll send you my number. Don't really fancy putting my number out in cyberspace.
    There are a few DJ's on the brighton circuit that use just laptops/controllers, quite a few that use Traktor Scratch Pro and some that use Serato but no as many as you'd think. The trend in Brighton tends be be just using CDs and CDJ's.

I DJ at a night called Toothsayer, DJ'ed at a night called New Noise and have done a few charity gigs as well.

Check my soundcloud for a few live recorded sets and my new promo if you're interested

Tech Wizard

I live bout 5 mins from volks, i have been to ur toothsayer night was awesome, could not for the life of me remember what it was called, but that just rang a few bells! def go again now i know what it was! i dont dj in clubs or anything only been doing it like 6 month, i only ever seen dj's use serato & timecode and 1 guy using ableton & ap40 in audio.

Awesome! a sussex thread on Techtools, it is a small world after all

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast