Native instruments or Rane - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

It really depends on what you're wanting to do. I'm a hip-hop DJ and I scratch a lot. I used to use SSL, but I just bought Traktor Scratch and I think Traktor Scratch is a lot better for scratching. Like Tekki said the timecode is twice the frequency so it tracks a lot better than SSL. In relative mode in SSL I was getting a lot of "slippage" where the sound I was trying to scratch would move around on the record (don't know if that makes sense or not). So it make scratching really hard.

I've only had Traktor Scratch for a couple days, but I think I like it. The specs are definitely better on the soundcard too. And if you decide to move to another software then you can use the audio8dj soundcard for that too. Let me know if you have any specific questions because I still have both. And Final Scratch 1.5 & 2.0. Wish I would have sold those earlier...they sucked and now they're basically worthless.

Tech Guru

Traktor scratch in every regard I've seen kicks the shit outa SSL. Only thing SSL might have is that some people like the interface better...

IMO wait for Traktor 4 which is Traktor Scratch and Traktor 3 (MIDI) combined. That way you can use the Time Code Vinyls as well as a VCI or some other controller v easily.

+ 21 new Effects and effects chaining ftw.

True Bento, and also would love to fettle a bit with both the pinky and the thick black vinyl.

(But we were talking about traktor or serato. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12