Mapping a specific track to a button
    Tech Guru

Default Mapping a specific track to a button

Is this doable? I got a scratch record in traktor and it would be sweet if I could hit one button and it load it without me navigating to it internally. I could drop a tune and have an instant scratch record at the push of a button.

Please oh please let this be possible

Tech Guru

I don't know if it's possible but I can think a workaround of it...

You can create a mp3 full of scratch records and store a cuepoint on the start of every scratch track, this way you would have a set up to 8 scratch records.

Keep your scratch compilation always loaded at Deck D and you would have it very close of what you are planning to. A scratch bank with 8 slots

If you want to play with 4 tracks without scrach, keep your mp3 (Scratch bank) inside a Traktor specific playlist so you can load it easy again without all the browsing.

What do you think about that?

Tech Guru

Yeah, I'm liking the scratch record permanently on a deck I'm not using. Not a bad shout. I already have the scratch record with 8 hot cues mapped. All Im thinking is it could end up being a lot of faffing around to switch the decks and stuff. I switch between timecode and internal so yeah I can see how I could push a button to switch deck D to be on the timecode but then if I only have a 2 channel mixer and I drop a track on the right hand side and that's the side I might need to scratch on I'd have to switch what is playing to the other deck and so. I'd have a few pushes of the button before I can get going with the scratching. I think the way it is now is quicker, I have the scratch record at the top and bottom of my list so all I gotta do is fly to the top or bottom of the list then whack it in a deck. 2 pushes of a button tops.

Thanks for the idea tho, I'll think about how I could have it as a quick thing

Just posted this to NI board as a "feature suggestion" ... not that that will do anything but it's worth a try; this would certainly be a great and simple feature to implement.

Tech Guru

I could't agree more
    It would be awesome to map a ctrl+alt+<F1-F10> to load one of your 10 tracks from your Playlist X

my idea to this:
    your scratch sound in a certain playlist.
    map your button to the following commands:
    -choose certain playlist
    -scroll down (only once, not the one that goes on as long as you press...)
    -load track in deck XY (whatever your wish is)
    -hot cue play

might work, never tried it indeed...
    let us hear of you results