Breaking News: Fellow TechToolers Jump on The Cut! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

@sarasin bet those PDXs are the shiiiit.
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Quote Originally Posted by Phormula1.8T View Post
    @sarasin bet those PDXs are the shiiiit.
    As a matter of fact...they are!

I used the SL1200's YEARS ago....and when the PDX's became available to me I grabbed em as I knew I would use and love em some point.

Had em for a year now....and only getting into them now.

I got em from this rich kid who used em twice and could not bang HardHouse right off the bat....so got bored and left em in the cupboard.

They came with Stanton ScratchMaster v3's.

So both decks and the needles.....I talked him down to R4000.

Thats like.....fuckall....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But yeah....I was getting into it slowly...using old dance vinyl to cut etc and that was shitty.

Now that i got the TC vinyls and proper Scratch Samples.....AHH YEAH!

My skills have leaped forward!!

I am not looking to enter a DMC ever....but would like to bust out a couple of killer scratch moves in the Club or other gigs!

But even just playing tracks with the TC's is old skool fun to me.

These PDX's are STRONG man.....and you can abuse em.
    I don;t have a fine technique but....NEVER get skips or jumps etc.

fucking AWESOME!

I feel like THE DUDE everytime i finish playing on em!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

yeah man when i was looking at getting my new table it was either gunna be a PDX3000 Stanton STR8-150 or Numark TTX. I went with the TTX, it is a an absolute monster of a scratch tablw (w/ shure m-447.) rocking a single table timecode setup right now, want a PDX as my second deck.
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Default U R correct

there has been more talk about scratching lately.
    it takes a while to get your moves down with a controller.

Usually takes me about two days to get the feel down when I change between traktor, or VDJ, or mixvibes.

I've just started really getting into scratching on the Vci-100. It's kinda hard with 1.1 firmware but I'll be able to upgrade it come Monday. Does anyone have any videos of themselves scratching with the vci-100? I've seen all the ones on youtube.
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    Check out Kentaro, Q-bert, Scully, all those guys. They fucking smash it up.
    I went to see Qbert live a few years back and honestly it was very boring. I'd compare it to a programming nerd doing all his tricks. Yeah he has total control of the scratches.... but zero musicality imo.

I have to say I like the scratch sound as a rhythmical ornament, but in a good dose. It's like percussion instruments. Rarely you see a solo of bongos/congas/drums/etc that works after a few minutes. Maybe a taiko japanese drum concert, but that is something really different than a guy doing his thing.

The "scratch" documentary is awesome btw.

Tech Wizard

I did just pick up a pair of used STR8-80's can't wait to start mixing
    Last edited by transient; 02-07-2010 at 04:01 PM.

I have forgotten about trying to scratch with the VCI. Its just so much nicer using the turntable and a TC vinyl. I miss about trying to scratch on the controller but i get it right and much much tighter on the decks.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

I want to learn how to scratch, I've been saying that forever haha.
    Co-founder, Promoter and DJ for Easy Love, an independent promotions company for dance events in Edmonton, AB.

Check out our blog for more information - www.easylovedance.com.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pier View Post
    I went to see Qbert live a few years back and honestly it was very boring. It's like percussion instruments. Rarely you see a solo of bongos/congas/drums/etc that works after a few minutes. Maybe a taiko japanese drum concert
    Last time I saw QBert I thought it was great. I really like percussion, taiko, though lol! You can appreciate something for what it is without needing to apply it to your own craft. I love to scratch. I can just get mesmerized, and the practice and repetition builds skills useful for dj skills other than scratching. I'll scratch for hours. BUT playing for other people, I only use a little scratching in moderation, and only if it serves to build the energy, or break something down. It's gotta serve the music...
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast