Television is the devil - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

TV is evil indeed. It's been a massive idiotizer for decades. When you watch TV for long sessions your brain goes completely flat.

What is worst is that a LOT of people think tv is the maximum eminence in any subject you can think of, when in fact tv is the communication medium for the lowest common denominator in human society. Tv industry trashes every information that goes into it and transforms it into consumer safe single serving piece of stupidity.

Tv is a dictatorial system where very few speak and the rest listen to. The internet on the contrary is a medium where everyone has a voice.

It's been a few years since I last saw TV. My lcd screen It's not even plugged to the antenna, I only use it to watch films.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Its a propoganda tool used by the real owners to mass hynpnotise the population into accepting their nefarious agenda.
    Exactly

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    the internet is a lot more distracting, though
    Fuck me yes!! I need to stop posting so much retardedness in internet forums! It's the work of devil I tells ya!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    Can't believe no one has posted this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgOWTM5R2DA
    fully my opinion too
    thanx for the post mate

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    gave up watching tv like six years ago.. i don't miss it at all and everytime i watch some tv at a friends house, i know why i gave it up :-P

the internet is a lot more distracting, though

this is about the same for me, been like 5 1/2 to 6 years without a tv of my own in terms of cable or satalite, I had a tv for about 3 years that was just for GTA on the old PS2, it had no actual signal to it for tv though.

its the best decision one can make in this world, it totally frre your mind and your time, the 2 most important things in this world.

when I am at a friends house or one of my roomates is watching TV, I just can't sit there with them, it gives me headaches listening to all the overcompressed bad ideas being spewed out.

the worst though is people who love television and try to convince me to start watching TV when I tell them that I dont.

I can watch MMA and boxing events no problem though, always go to a friends house for those.

Tech Guru

To be honest I only really ever watched cartoons like southpark, family guy, american dad, simpsons etc. a few other bits here and there, the news and movies. The thing that gets me is shit like big brother and Im a celebrity get me out of here. I think its a god damn shame people feel the need to sit around and watch other people sit around talking about a load fucking bullshit. They should try turning off the TV and do what the people on the TV are doing... talk, play games and such.

i'm going to suggest that it's the message that's the problem and not the medium of television itself.

with the right programming, television is a valuable tool. nova, pbs, reading rainbow etc. there are examples of programming out there that can have positive effects on people and it can be an excellent tool for education.

television as a medium has connected us in a way like never before....so many famous tv history moments that have more to do with life and the human condition then jersey shores....the challenger exploding, 9/11, the debates between kennedy and nixon, the list can go on and on.

I fear this KILL YOUR TELEVISION movement can be likened to gun controls advocates that blame guns....even with the best intentions this places the blame on the wrong end.

i don't have a tv, but i do watch stuff online, hulu etc.

anything is bad if it gets in your way of actually doing things....

Tech Guru

i guess people think it's easier to blame television for their own faults instead of taking responsibilty and exhibiting some self control by turning off the tv when they have projects/studies/lives they should be focusing their energies on.

MCDONALDS IS WHY PEOPLE ARE FAT, GUNS ARE WHY PEOPLE FIGHT WARS AND TV IS WHY PEOPLE ARE UNMOTIVATED SLOBS....

chyaa...right.

Tech Guru

The truth is that people have to learn to man up and start taking responsibility for their lives. Good point on the McDonalds is making me fat comment. You are making you fat. Until Ronald shows up at your house with a gun in his hand and a big mac in the other you have to take responsibility and learn to remove things from your life that are not benefiting you.

Reality TV is a joke, I can't believe we have a nation of people that enjoy watching other people live their lives. To me it's nothing but a distraction meant to keep you in your place. How can you make something of your self if all you do is get distracted from your goals? Focus and realize when you are off your path and get the hell back on it.

Tech Guru

^word.

i'm a very goal-oriented person. i'm a full-time student and aspiring artist/writer... but i still enjoy zoning out on television from time to time, there's a lot of high quality programming that makes up for all the reality tv/bad drama garbage. there's nothing wrong with a bit of distractions in moderation, the mind and body requires a bit of rest to stay sane- or else you become mentally exhausted and no good work comes out of a state of exhaustion.

everybody i know who has sworn off tv has just replaced it with other mindless distractions such as internet, clubbing, or whatever else they need to take a break from the grind. this holier-than-thou attitude about television is so fucking pretentious.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 02-06-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast