big problem with jogwheel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default big problem with jogwheel

hey
    i´ve got a problem with my left jogwheel and hope anyone can help me. i´m using the SE tks with scrathing inside the jogwheel an tempo bending on the outside. but while bending down on the left wheel it suddenly wents anytime in the scratch mode. so i´m spinning back the record...bending up is no problem and the right jog is still perfect.
    i´ve checked the touch sensors on the back -> no changes
    i´ve removed the jogwheel and fixed it -> no changes
    i´ve changed the plates of both wheels -> no changes
    i´ve checked the wheel also in the 1.2 firmware -> no changes
    i´ve checked the tks file if tempo bending isn´t on "fine" -> it was and still no changes...
    has anyone a idea what i can do more? the problem exists after the firmware update.
    i don´t want to give it to the verstax service or use a cdj tks....

thanks for help!!!
    Inhale innovation, exhale imitation

Let me get this right...
    While you are using the outside of the left wheel for pitch-bending and without touching the middle of the metal on the jog wheel, it will turn red and go into scratching mode?

yes bento! an only when i spin it down...when i spin it up it keeps blue.

and sometimes the sensor keeps red even if i don´t touch anything.

ok... that is seriously weird - sounds like you got some funky hardware issue going on.
    If looking at the jog you cant work out what the problem is (dodgy wiring or something) then id say replace the entire jog wheel with a Vestax replacement.

i´ve checked everything last night. every screw, every contact...everything...and know it becomes much more terrible. now the left sensor is on every time. it keeps red even if i don´t touch the plate. and now the crazy thing: when i remove the plate (the hole jogwheel) and just hit the axes, it shows me the normal red and blue. but with the metal plate on top, it´s always on red. :-(
    and when i open the hole case, remove the jog from the case and put anything together without the case, it´s still no problem...everything works perfect...but in the case the sensor is allways on...hope u understand my school english :-D
    i´dont know where the problem is. i will contact my vestax dealer and hope they could repair it cheap and fast...when i must wait over month and get a bill over 100euro i will get crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jah Roc View Post
    i´ve checked everything last night. every screw, every contact...everything...and know it becomes much more terrible. now the left sensor is on every time. it keeps red even if i don´t touch the plate. and now the crazy thing: when i remove the plate (the hole jogwheel) and just hit the axes, it shows me the normal red and blue. but with the metal plate on top, it´s always on red. :-(
    and when i open the hole case, remove the jog from the case and put anything together without the case, it´s still no problem...everything works perfect...but in the case the sensor is allways on...hope u understand my school english :-D
    i´dont know where the problem is. i will contact my vestax dealer and hope they could repair it cheap and fast...when i must wait over month and get a bill over 100euro i will get crazy!
    How long ago did you get your VCI-100 ?
    I know mine came with a year warranty

i got my vci one year ago. the dealer gave me 3 years warranty. but i don´t know if the warranty still exists because i opened the vci for the firmware update....i will call them tomorrow and hope for a happy end

in germany u have always 2 years warranty for electronic gear. and my dealer www.thomann.de gives u 3years on their own risk...

Just dont tell them you ever opened your VCI
    At least you have Warranty, i am pretty damn sure this is a hardware issue with the actual jog itself going by what you are saying.

hey bento
    i´ve got one good and one bad news....which first?

bad news: if i understand that post correct
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1118
    then i am not the only person with that jogwheel error after the firmware update.......could this be a firmware error?

good news: i´ve checked the touch sensor level and now the sensor works normal as before (no red without touching the plate)...but the "pitching down problem" still exists....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast