(Recovered Post) New member Introduction

Default (Recovered Post) New member Introduction

Alright i had this page open from before the site reverted back 8 days so i have tried to resurrect it

Nathaly -
    hello everyone im a new member of the forum and i want to be nice...im going to introduce myself and tell u alil be about me my name is nathaly im 17im just starting to get into the djing thingy because of my brother,well i live in usa and im still in high school after i graduate from high school i want to study pediatrician.....thank u and this site rockkksss

BentoSan -
    Welcome to DJTT !

There is lots of people here with all varied amounts of experience so you will fit right in. Never be afraid to ask questions - we are all a big family here at DJTT and are here to help one another out.

Feel free to make yourself at home

Nathaly -

awww thank u you're so nicee kk so im going to start the question like what would be a nice set up for mee ?? i kind of like traktor i haved used before my brother have it on his notebook

tekki -

Hi Nataly, also a warm welcome from me! (TBH it makes sense that the two most frequent posters welcome you. )

Regarding your setup question, it all depends on what you would like to do, you could go for the mainstream solution on this forum and opt for a Vestax VCI-100 in combination with a PC/laptop and software(traktor, serato, virtualDJ etc etc.).

It might be wise to take a minute to think if you want to emulate the vinyl/cd feel, or that you just want to go out, push buttons and twist knobs.

I myself am a knobtwister/button pusher, so I went for a completely unconventional Behringer BCR 2000.

Once again welcome and enjoy your time on this board!

..::restricted sessions::.. tekki@myspace
    There is something so wonderfully wrong with you... And I love you for it... haha - DvlsAdvct

Nathaly -

hehe thank you i really love the vci and those lights are awesome i was lookinag at the vestax vcm what do u think about that one ?? and i just saw here in the post the vestax vci black and i love it so idk im so confused now

VESTAX VCI
    Pro: more knobs and capability of mixing
    CONS: I NEED A SOUNDCARD

VESTAX VCM
    Pro: soundcard included
    Cons: NO CIRCLE THINGY i think the call jogwheels but im not sure lol

sorry im so naive in this djing thingy

so bare with me please BTW my BUDGET is up to around $700

tekki -

You sum it up correctly.

VCI has jogwheels, VCM has not.
    VCI has no soundcard, VCM has.

The $700,- is that for a controller only, or for the complete package? (controller, soundcard, pc?)

There is something so wonderfully wrong with you... And I love you for it... haha - DvlsAdvct

ryan catcher -

i'm a traktor user and i love the vci-100 to death. and one of the main reasons i choose the vci-100 over the slew of digital dj solutions is the support on this forum and site. this isn't just technical support by some faceless big box company, but a whole community of djs and amateur djs pushing the digital medium forward. it's really refreshing considering that so many old school djs are so hesitant to the brave new world and revolution djing is experiencing right now.

it's so awesome because "the old boys club" is finally being broken down. djing is now a democracy and the art will benefit from having so many hands on the music. lets push it forward, etc.

sorry to blab and gush, but you'll love this forum. some very friendly nice people who want nothing but to push things forward.

700 dollars?

my suggestion

1 vci-100 (be sure to get firmware 1.2) as low as $350
    it comes with traktor light and that's enough to started.

play with that for 30 days. figure out if you like it. make sure the retailer has a 30 day warranty (must do). if you don't like you may only be out the restocking fee (minimal i imagine).

once you get the hang of traktor you'll need a soundcard and a good pair of headphones. don't go cheap. don't ever go cheap. buy a good soundcard (200ish dollars) and good headphones 100ish dollars.

headphones: http://www.turntablelab.com - great service. love these guys more than life itself.

so you got a good soundcard, phones and a vci-100. next update your traktor. and that's about it. there's so minor things that you'll need (a laptop stand, some cords, a penlight, etc) and those make good christmas gifts (hint).

where to get music???? (even though you didn't ask)
    THE LIBRARY. I'm serious. You can find some classic jams and some recent stuff. It's all free and dare i say legal? I think it's more legal than downloading, but that's my opinion. And since you're ripping from cds, you can choose to rip in very high quality. 320 kb/s should rock any club.

i'm sure so others will have opinions. good luck.

Nathaly -

yea thank u so much guys....i have traktor 3 my brother bought me a copy and i have a notebook....so the 700 is for the controller and soundcard i guess mmmm about the music my brother buy his songs from beatport he have his equiment and he let me use it but i want my own.... by the way i think he is a member of this forum but i hate getting help from him he dont want me to get involve in to the djing scene lol

Tekki -

Ghehehehe. LOLz...

That's gonna be a nice one.
    Sound card and controller, cool!

What would you like to see on your controller, any musthaves or turndowns?

JesC1200' -

Hey welcome to the DJTT site, if ur using a laptop pc I would say go with Echo indigo dj (+100) & a vci-100...you will have money to get a good pair of headphones.

aww thank u bento 4 bringin my post bak to live i wonder how u did it......mmmmmm CPR or with a defibrillator im jk

lol actually i was making posts and stuff when we hit the error so i was lucky enough to have a couple of peoples posts open, this was one of them.

And back to pre 1000 again bento.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    And back to pre 1000 again bento.
    lol yup i get to make the 1000 post mark twice - not everyone can say they have done that twice on the same forum lol

Bento want to come over for cookies or to upgrade my VCI? j/k :eek:
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Bento want to come over for cookies or to upgrade my VCI? j/k :eek:
    how about cookies AND vci-100 upgrades ?

Getting back on topic, i did a post on the second page that got lost
    Anyway the basic premises of it was that you should be really careful about soundcards being inbuilt. When your sharing both midi and audio over the one connection you will increase the amount of midi latency and jitter that is far from a performers best friend. Read about this more here - http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/09/2...ntroller-late/

Also the soundcards found in devices are not usually that crash hot, i personally feel they serve to value add to the device more than anything.

Ontop of this soundcards will add to the weight and size of the device, after you start collecting a few midi controllers that each have their own sound card you will start getting off cheezed off having to buy so many sound-cards that are adding weight and size that your not even using !

Opinions vary on this.. but that's my opinion.