Renaming Batches of Audio files... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well.. Mostly for me, because of the pre- keylock era.

Might dable around with it some more tonight. (Breaks & dubstep set)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    If the BPM exceeds 8% I might even make a seperate high BPM/low BPM rating based folder, but that's still in planning phase.
    Could you elaborate on this ... I'm not fully catching it ... If the bpm exceeds 8% of what ?? I understand the faders in traktor will increase and decrease only so much but isn't 8% relative to something outside of the song itself ??

Or are you saying if the song has the ability to have its speed ramped up beyond 8% ??

sorry if these seems like a stupid question - i'm new to most of all this

Quote Originally Posted by metaverse View Post
    Could you elaborate on this ... I'm not fully catching it ... If the bpm exceeds 8% of what ?? I understand the faders in traktor will increase and decrease only so much but isn't 8% relative to something outside of the song itself ??

Or are you saying if the song has the ability to have its speed ramped up beyond 8% ??

sorry if these seems like a stupid question - i'm new to most of all this
    I could see how that conversation could be a little confusing
    8% of the bpm speed, so a track thats 100bpm can be adjusted 8bmp forward and 8bpm backwards giving a range or 92 -> 108 bpm
    Its all relative to the track playing at normal speed.

In Traktor its possible to increase this 8% pitch range to a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I could see how that conversation could be a little confusing
    8% of the bpm speed, so a track thats 100bpm can be adjusted 8bmp forward and 8bpm backwards giving a range or 92 -> 108 bpm
    Its all relative to the track playing at normal speed.

In Traktor its possible to increase this 8% pitch range to a lot more.
    Thanks for the clarification on that ...

So how would one go about increasing in traktor more than 8% because i've definetly found myself frustrated trying to stretch a song to fit into the beginning of the next ...

For Mac users i really recommend a free utility called Name Changer if all you want to do is remove the numbers of the tracks before the names of the files.

Example: Filename = 03_Jeff Mills_The Bells

It allows you to remove characters from the file name and you can load for example all the mp3´s that you want to remove in the example i gave before 3 characters (03_)

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/21516/namechanger

I used about 5 different Mp3 Tagging software and the best by far is Trainspotter - http://www.tspotter.net/

It´s free and it basically finds the release of your mp3 on Discogs and Beatport and gives you the options (cause the same mp3 is very often released in compilations and re-editions etc...). You tick the one it corresponds to and voilá... It not only tags all the fields of the mp3 correctly as it adds the artwork.

Totally recommend it to all digital DJ´s.

As much as it sucks at a lot of things…http://www.apple.com/itunes/

There's a setting to rename/move files and keep things organized. I honestly think it works as long as you're not using something with sidecar files (Torq and Ableton are the only ones I know of off the top of my head).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12