VCI-100 SE 3_1 mapping (updated) - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by db_licious View Post
    pressing either the fx type or route fx buttons serious effects the performance. Visually it slows down and affects the sound. Any ideas EAN?

Thanks
    this can help:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...?t=6792&page=9

Quote Originally Posted by deejaybeam View Post
    Wonderful, thanks for the great fix

Tech Wizard

Any idea when the scratch problem will be fixed or how i can fix it myself? It's getting kinda annoying. Also the sample and beatslicer (button that used to be sync) and the route fx button doesn't work for me. I am using FW 1.3 and Traktor 1.2.4
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 FW 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio 2 DJ

It's all about the house music, and it always will be.

Default Deck A/C sync button double tap issue

Sync light on deck A doesn't correspond with that on Tracktor. B seems to work fine. Will try and locate the issue.
    This is the double tap issue that some people are describing.

After further investigation I can't see anything in the mapping that would cause this. Even if you remove every mapping to A#4 (SW24) the light just toggles on and off. Furthermore if you close Traktor and press this button the light still toggles on and off unlike B4 (SW37) that doesn't.

Ean is this a firmware issue?

Thanks,

David

Tech Mentor

the pitch bend on the outer edge of the jogs not working properly and the progressive bend isn't working at all.
    Last edited by calvin01; 02-08-2010 at 04:41 PM.

I was trying to replicate the aerodynamic juggle in this map but I'm not sure the juggle mode works properly, just sounds a mess.

Tech Guru

This is the double tap issue that some people are describing.

After further investigation I can't see anything in the mapping that would cause this. Even if you remove every mapping to A#4 (SW24) the light just toggles on and off. Furthermore if you close Traktor and press this button the light still toggles on and off unlike B4 (SW37) that doesn't.

Ean is this a firmware issue?

Thanks,

David
    It is a firmware issue. Notice if you start up in FW 1.2 the button's behavior is identical to the "B/D" button. It was developed for a specific feature on one of Ean's old mappings. You can totally work around it with some careful led and command programming though.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

i wonder, do you guys use auto gain? and doesnt this sort of imply that you need soft takeover on that knob?
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by Parker Chase View Post
    The Fader FX mode still turns off after using either the Echo or Slice buttons. I’m running Windows 7, VCI firmware 1.3 and Traktor 1.2.4.

I seamed to have fixed this issue by adding/editing the following commands but I haven’t had enough time to thoroughly test it to see if it causes other problems.

Added 2 Modifier 5 commands and mapped them to the Fader FX button:
    Modifier 5 In button direct if M5=0 then set to M5=5
    Modifier 5 In button direct if M5=5 then set to M5=0

I changed the conditions for the three existing Modifier 2 Increase by 1 commands that were already mapped to each Echo & Slice button to only work under the following conditions:
    M5=5 (ensures that the Fader FX is activated) and M3=0 (ensures that you are not in juggle mode)

You have to make this change for each of the four buttons but it will work the same no matter what deck you’re using.

I believe modifier 5 is currently used to activate the sampler but my sampler functionality seams sound.
    Nice job Parker. This will work fine with the exception that if you want to create a Sample while making some cool noises in Fader FX mode you won't be able to. In other words, pressing the sampler button will not activate the sampler while in Fader FX mode.

We are working on a fix that gets around this issue as well but for now this is probably a worthwhile trade off unless you feel you need the fader fx + sampler functionality.

I miss one thing from the old mapping: when pressing play while the track is playing, it used to jump back to last cue and keep on playing. Now it just stops. Can someone please tell me how to set this up with the new mapping?? (yes, I know you can do it in juggle mode) Love the rest btw.