VCI-100 SE 3_1 mapping (updated) - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

I'm still having a problem I had with 3.0; the jog wheels don't work correctly. Whenever a track is playing and I move the wheel very quickly, traktor "grabs" the track for a brief second as if it was going to start a scratch normally. But then traktor "lets go" after a brief instant and the track plays out, even though I never take my hand off the jog wheel. The vci and traktor both register that midi data is being sent when I keep my hand on the jog but nothing happens if I try to manipulate the track further. To start a new scratch I have to take my hand off the jog wheel and put it down again.

This only happens when I move the wheel very quickly when the track is playing out normally. Otherwise, scratch works fine.

I think traktor might be recognizing the fast inputs as some kind of pitch bend. I think this because when this problem happens, the box indicating the + or - pitch briefly changes, and this box does not change when scratch works normally.

Using windows 7, vci firmware 1.3, traktor 1.2.4

Tech Wizard

yeah had the same problem today with the 3.0 (haven't tested 3.1 out yet)
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 FW 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio 2 DJ

It's all about the house music, and it always will be.

Tech Mentor

[/QUOTE]It resets one value but leaves the glitch in the same place where you last left the jog wheel- to me that config is more musical and easy to use but if no one likes it we can change it back.[/QUOTE]

i agree and am hoping they get left as they are.to ean,do you prefer to use the vci or the oxygen for djing?i dont want to hijack this thread so please no answers from anyone else.just curious

Tech Wizard

The FX routing button doesn't work at all... if i press it almost all LEDs will flicker a bit just like a button glitch that was in FW 1.2. Also the Sampler doesn't work at all (the buttons that used to be sync, and the button and the small knobs on the top right corner).
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 FW 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio 2 DJ

It's all about the house music, and it always will be.

@JoeSchmoe & Patjuh90.
    Yeah I'm havin the same problem. When I go to drag the jog wheel back after a cut it's not grabbing it (Mapping 3.1.2). Any chance we could have this fixed? Apart from that I'm luvin it. Job well done Ean & crew!!!
    Last edited by durt wiesel; 02-03-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Tech Guru

one thing i am wondering about the deck copy feature. if the deck is running, the copied deck is loaded running in the same position. this increases the output level. wouldnt make sense to drop the volume on the given deck down so that it can then manually be increased?

this brings me to the next question: how do we all (and of course especially ean) about soft takeover at this point?
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Default Pitch bend on the outer jog wheels

In previous versions (including 3.0 beta, and 3.0), the outer jog wheel adjusted the pitch +/- 1.6%. When I load the 3.1.2 tsi the pitch bend on the outer jog wheel is +/- 6.4%. I've tried reloading the tsi, and it always behaves the same. If I reload one of the older tsi's it works like I'd expect. Can anyone else confirm this. Is this intended?
    Workstation - Intel Core i7/6GB RAM/Win7 x64 Enterprise, Notebook - Dell Latitude E4300/4GB RAM Win7 x86 Enterprise, NI Audio 2 DJ, VCI-100SE, Evolution MK-249c, Mackie MR8's, Ultrasone Proline 650's, Traktor Pro 1.2.4

Tech Mentor

@zod

im not sure what increment it was but i got this problem aswell.i noticed as i was touching the edge of the platter to bend it the + - on the comp screen wasn't selecting so i opened i think the transport section and ticked the progressive (sensitivity or bend?)box but still nothing.i deleted all my midi files,then selected import then opened 3.1.2 but got the same.also the slice and echo on the left is echo and slice on the right.is that correct or am i doing something wrong?...........what a t.s.i!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fader FX mode still turns off after using either the Echo or Slice buttons. I’m running Windows 7, VCI firmware 1.3 and Traktor 1.2.4.

I seamed to have fixed this issue by adding/editing the following commands but I haven’t had enough time to thoroughly test it to see if it causes other problems.

Added 2 Modifier 5 commands and mapped them to the Fader FX button:
    Modifier 5 In button direct if M5=0 then set to M5=5
    Modifier 5 In button direct if M5=5 then set to M5=0

I changed the conditions for the three existing Modifier 2 Increase by 1 commands that were already mapped to each Echo & Slice button to only work under the following conditions:
    M5=5 (ensures that the Fader FX is activated) and M3=0 (ensures that you are not in juggle mode)

You have to make this change for each of the four buttons but it will work the same no matter what deck you’re using.

I believe modifier 5 is currently used to activate the sampler but my sampler functionality seams sound.

@Parker

If you want to forward me your TSI I would be happy to test an get back to you.

This one has been buggin me as well.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast