No RAM on the iPad - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I think everyone is forgetting about the mess that the macbook Air turned into on revolutionizing laptops or whatever they said it would do.

I don't think Apple has provided as revolutionary of an experience as people want to say they have. There are people who will buy it because it's apple, but they've disappointed a LOT of consumers too. They should have gone further, then even I'd be excited.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

I let my own experiences speak for itself before I go rambling about how amazing something is. I use a MBP and think its amazing, this is also coming from a career tech who has his MCSE, and works almost exclusively with Windows in a business environment. My views on Apple are unbiased.

But my honest opinion about the iPad?

Tech Convert

When coding for the iPhone/iPod touch/iFuture gadget you find out pretty quickly that there *IS* RAM because you are responsible for the memory management. Whatever RAM you allocate you have to give back the system. If you have a memory leak and run out of RAM your app will crash. It will not page the RAM to the flash memory, so when you are out of physical RAM you have to release any memory that you don't need.

In order to play a sound or view an image you have to allocate RAM for it and get it copied into RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeoxyS View Post
    Your message is precisely why Apple doesn't live by specs. On paper, you're right. In real life, everybody is going to forget about those devices you just mentioned while the iPad is going to revolutionize an industry, just like the iPhone did.
    Sorry but i hardly think the iPad will revolutionise the industry. I really dont see people buying this to replace their laptops/netbooks or whatever. The iPhone was a whole different ball game. The computer industry doesn't have the same 'glamour' factor as the phone industry does. Alot of people buy smart phones because they're a status symbol. People dont buy laptops/netbooks/computers in the same way.

As others have said I think the iPad will be added to the massive pile of failed apple products.
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Although I think the ipad is pretty useless itself, it's a prime example of what Apple does best; showing us the next step in tech interface in an easy to swallow pill. Nobody thought that whole Graphical User Interface and mouse thing was going to take off when the Apple ][ came out, and nobody outside the business world knew what a smartphone was till the iphone came out. Now everyone's gonna scramble to make the next "ipad killer" and we'll all have some dope new tech to play with!

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    This.
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Wizard

alternatives:?

LG

Notion Ink
    Current Top 3:
    1. Loco Dice - Seeing through Shadows
    2. Light Year - Sex Education
    3. Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions (DJ Pierre Remix)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12