studio monitors - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: studio monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    here's a question due to the fact I am nearly finishing paying lots of money for a house, I can only afford to replace the crappy pc speakers I use for monitors with ones that I can use to Mix with, not DJ out and start up production, aka I put stuff together in Ableton then take it to my friends and we decide if we can run with it, if so we work with Ableton and Logic on his adam a7's in his full on studio.

so what would people say if they could only buy one set of speakers? because currently that's my situation for now, admittedly i run everything via my Xone 4D so can control the output pretty well, but don't want to be ruining the speakers whatever i decide to buy.
    so would one of you wise individuals care to answer my question, now that you have stopped fighting lol, I was looking at the fostex pm 05's fyi.

so would one of you wise individuals care to answer my question, now that you have stopped fighting lol, I was looking at the fostex pm 05's fyi.
    wow you totally hijacked this thread! Go make your own! This one was made by DMurd!!
    Nah j/k I think fostex pm05 were given the 'approved' sign by this thread. Also, they look good

;-) i was trying to derail it back onto the correct rail lol, thanks m8 will get those once I move!

Tech Guru

Sorry for being late, but having a sub in a studio is a bad idea except if you have a very good audio environment. That is a perfectly designed room and perfect acoustics (room modes, diffusion, absorption, etc.). In that case you can use a sub, of course if you know how to set it up.
    And again, this is untrue. First of all, there is no such thing as "perfect acoustics". Second, when you set up a monitoring system, you take into account any deficiencies you have in your room. Contrary to popular (ignorance) belief, you DO NOT need special equipment to set up correctly. Of course an RTA helps, but all you really need is some decent source material and a little guidance. Bob Katz has an excellent guide on setting up subs here...

http://nem0nic.com/BobKatzArticles.pdf

they are ok... but they have bass issues from the research i did... I would go for Fostex PM-1 if you want to go with that brand specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post

Just checked your site, you live quite close to me! I am in Fort Lauderdale...

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    they are ok... but they have bass issues from the research i did... I would go for Fostex PM-1 if you want to go with that brand specifically.
    not specifically after that make, my friend Imaani who produces a lot uses them and mentioned them in passing, after something that's going to cost me around £300 for a pair, happy to listen to any recommendations, to be honest I could wait a few months and pick up A7's but as I am just starting out, really don't see the point.

not specifically after that make, my friend Imaani who produces a lot uses them and mentioned them in passing, after something that's going to cost me around £300 for a pair, happy to listen to any recommendations, to be honest I could wait a few months and pick up A7's but as I am just starting out, really don't see the point.

Doubt you need A7's... I have always been a fan of Mackie, and ADAM also makes the A5 which may suit your needs. Will they just be in your bedroom setup?

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    Doubt you need A7's... I have always been a fan of Mackie, and ADAM also makes the A5 which may suit your needs. Will they just be in your bedroom setup?
    This is purely going to be a spare bedroom set up, while I do a lot of studying Ableton, we will mainly work in my friends full on studio where he already has A7's and well it's a proper studio, so I just need something I can use to do my mixes on and mess around with ableton, for eq-uing and the likes i can always do that at his place.

I find when using my shitty monitors that they muddy when doing my mixes, so i have to be so careful while eq-uing tracks on my Xone 4D due to this and same goes for playing with ableton.

If its for your bedroom, just make sure you get a sub. LOL

I'm sorry, it was just too powerful to resist. I'll go back to my corner now and stay quiet...

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast