VCI-100 SE 3_0 Mapping - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default fx presets?

im too impatient to wait for a walkthrough video so would someone who has successfully imported this tsi please explain what the fx preset buttons are supposed to do. (i would assume that pressing either preset 1,2,3, or 4 would load a group of 3 effects that work well together into 1 of the 4 effect slots)

but pressing these small buttons doesnt make any changes to the the fx setup in traktors interface. also not sure how to work the fx route button.

looks like all other buttons and knobs have obvious functionality and im getting correct led output to the vci..

thanks!
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

@brianpkelly

Have a look at Ean's original post on the Beta. He gives some details there.

As for the FX. Press FX 1, 2 or 3 then the cue button of the deck that you want to assign it to. Press the Control button until you to get the deck you just assigned and dial on the FX knobs to your heart's content. Note that FX 1, 2 and 3 are different chained FX sets. FX set 4 is the the slicer (or is it the echo, I'm at work and can't remember).

You can re-route the currently controlled FX to any of the other decks by pressing the reroute button and the A, B, C or D button under the FX pots (i.e. reroute + FX wet/dry to put it on deck A).

Lots of dual function in the TSI, but after using the TSI since it came out, it has a really smooth flow to it.

Cheers, Phil.
    Last edited by pilmat; 01-29-2010 at 08:08 AM.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Mentor

thanks pilmat....got it sorted... have a good weekend
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

Default Bring 'em back

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    The MASH and REVERB functionalities (Shift + SLICE and ECHO, respectively) have been removed.
    Was digging the potential here. Why r they gone? R they coming back? Liked Drop and Replay as well. (Why not use the shift to give added functionality to these buttons?) Conflicts?

Can someone please post the tsi for the beta and 3 in a text form so all us os x tweekers can see what is going on and personalize.

thanks
    Last edited by Kama; 01-30-2010 at 12:42 AM.

Tech Convert

The SLICE function has been changed such that the first Slicer FX parameter "Buzz" does not reset since Ean liked the expressiveness of it. Both "Style" and "Pattern" reset to their default values upon hitting the SLICE button.

However, I'm sure if enough people prefer the beta version where Buzz was reset as well, then it could be changed back as it is an easy fix.

Think I prefer it the new way myself.

The SLICE function has been changed such that the first Slicer FX parameter "Buzz" does not reset since Ean liked the expressiveness of it. Both "Style" and "Pattern" reset to their default values upon hitting the SLICE button.

However, I'm sure if enough people prefer the beta version where Buzz was reset as well, then it could be changed back as it is an easy fix.
    Hmmm I think i like the older way better as it now sounds out of time when used in some sort of way, doesn't seem to go as well. Maybe i just need to play with it a bit more ... I'll do that this weekend and come back to you with my thoughts. Cheers Flashflooder.

PS ... sorry to go on but please take note of my suggestion re the browse and search function ... pleeeeeaaaaassseeee
    Last edited by MisterMoleyMole; 01-30-2010 at 09:46 AM.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by ellessaarr View Post
    yeah? sorry? thats prophably not so easy to get my english, but still, i found that out that fx knobs and buttons are changing the loop length on a fly, i just was never use last 2 knobs for that while i was using previous tsi for(mostly)2 decks mxing.
    anyways my suggestion is to make some mapping to move the loops on a fly
    i'm pretty sure a lot of vci users like to perfom not just loop length but loop position as well, i know this was provided by using key combo shift+beat jump key,but some times it just slides back or forward by itself and can't stop after using that combination.
    So another big question request is how to map vci and keys by myself?
    traktor pro has lots of settings about mapping and it's not so easy to figure uot how to make some particular functions to work properly/ for example i can't get how to map function to key combination like shift+..
    when i'm tryin to map anything to knob or key +shift comb it maps funktion to that key or knob only, but without holding down shift
    what about to make some mapping fo jog wheel + shift for skipping track ore for csrolling tracks at playlist
    Thanks a lot guys, that job you do is just awesome, working on custome requests and communicating with anybody, who has some ideas about improoving playing functionality and their own mixing style
    Great job!!!!!!!

Thumbs down Is it that hard to post a proper zip file??

Four days since this was originally posted, and the attached zip is STILL f*&%ed despite numerous complaints. I've downloaded this file from 3 different locations, on four different computers, on three different versions of Windows, using winzip, winrar, and 7zip, and it's always corrupt. I've downloaded other zipped tsi's from this site before that worked, so I know it's possible.
    Workstation - Intel Core i7/6GB RAM/Win7 x64 Enterprise, Notebook - Dell Latitude E4300/4GB RAM Win7 x86 Enterprise, NI Audio 2 DJ, VCI-100SE, Evolution MK-249c, Mackie MR8's, Ultrasone Proline 650's, Traktor Pro 1.2.4

Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    Four days since this was originally posted, and the attached zip is STILL f*&%ed despite numerous complaints. I've downloaded this file from 3 different locations, on four different computers, on three different versions of Windows, using winzip, winrar, and 7zip, and it's always corrupt. I've downloaded other zipped tsi's from this site before that worked, so I know it's possible.
    +1 I'm still having the same issue, I don't know how people are able to improt the tsi when the zip file itself is corrupt!

EAN PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!

SS
    2x Technics M5G :: Traktor 3.4/PRO2 :: Vestax VCI-100
    M-Audio Ultra :: Macbook Pro 13" 2010

Here is the TSI from the zip. All I did was download the zip and post it diectly here from my downloads folder.

Let us know if it works for anybody.

Cheers, Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast