VCI-100 SE 3_0 Mapping - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Just so you guys know, there are SNAP and QUANTIZE functions built into this TSI it's just not as obvious.

If you hold Shift + Juggle 1-4 it will activate SNAP and Shift + Juggle 5-8 will activate QUANTIZE. The button labels I am referring to are from the new overlays, of which there is a jpeg in the zip file. If you have an older overlay it should make even more sense as "Juggle 1-4" used to be "Snap Beat" and "Juggle 5-8" used to be "Quantize"

I'm working with Ean on fine tuning this tsi so by all means if you have other issues, thoughts or recommendations, please let them be known.
    My suggetsion is:
    for decks a,b /c ,d - use 3rd and 4th fx knobs with holding down shift button in order to select the loop size for loop moving(FINE size in knob's lowest position and LOOP size in the highest if it's possible) and use buttons C and D under fx knobs to aktivate loop moving mode
    in this case if youl'd like to moove some loops you'll just need to sellect custom or preseted loop size with shift, set the knob and push the button. pretty easy and very usefull
    this actually may be done for previous tsi files as well
    Last edited by ellessaarr; 01-28-2010 at 05:58 PM.

ps slice doesn't seem to work properly anymore. It doesnt seem to reset the parameters when you engage it. Worked perfectly in beta but not in the new one
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Bugs:
    Mash and Reverb (shift + slice or echo) still don't work. If you try them they screw up the slice and echo. I have to press shift and mash a couple of times so that the slice will work again.

@flashflooder
    Thanks for the heads-up on the Snap and Quantize. They work as advertised!!!

Cheers, Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by ellessaarr View Post
    My suggetsion is:
    for decks a,b /c ,d - use 3rd and 4th fx knobs with holding down shift button in order to select the loop size for loop moving(FINE size in knob's lowest position and LOOP size in the highest if it's possible) and use buttons C and D under fx knobs to aktivate loop moving mode
    in this case if youl'd like to moove some loops you'll just need to sellect custom or preseted loop size with shift, set the knob and push the button. pretty easy and very usefull
    this actually may be done for previous tsi files as well
    Your suggestion for adding functionality to be able to change the loop start position has been noted. We will look into it.

If I am understanding you correctly regarding loop size, the ability to change loop length's on the fly is already mapped into the FX knobs section if you hit the "Control FX" button until the "Loops" mode LED is lit. In Loops mode, the knobs will change the loop length and the A/B/C/D buttons below will drop a loop of your set knob length onto the appropriate deck.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    ps slice doesn't seem to work properly anymore. It doesnt seem to reset the parameters when you engage it. Worked perfectly in beta but not in the new one
    The SLICE function has been changed such that the first Slicer FX parameter "Buzz" does not reset since Ean liked the expressiveness of it. Both "Style" and "Pattern" reset to their default values upon hitting the SLICE button.

However, I'm sure if enough people prefer the beta version where Buzz was reset as well, then it could be changed back as it is an easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    Bugs:
    Mash and Reverb (shift + slice or echo) still don't work. If you try them they screw up the slice and echo. I have to press shift and mash a couple of times so that the slice will work again.
    The MASH and REVERB functionalities (Shift + SLICE and ECHO, respectively) have been removed. If you take a look at the jpeg included in the quasi-functional zip file Ean uploaded, you will see that the yellow sub headings for the bottom buttons have all been removed from the new overlays. Hope this clears up any confusion!

Also, thanks for the tip about using shift + slice or echo messing up the regular slice and echo functionalities. I can only replicate it if you try to press slice or echo very quickly after releasing shift (it freezes a modifier) but if I wait for a second it seems to work fine. Will investigate further.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    any of these work for you guys ?

edit .... the shorter one is pc and the other mac
    Nope not working for me.
    Maschine, Abelton live, Massive, Samson studio monitors, Ks4, New truss, revo 4, Chauvet minspots on the way,Traktor pro Thank goodness for just needing the sn#!!),2nd 13" macbook

All fire lost:Signed Vci-100 arcade, akai lpd8,Truss and all lighting, 13" macbook, hercules rmx

I still cant get the tsi ?
    2x Technics M5G :: Traktor 3.4/PRO2 :: Vestax VCI-100
    M-Audio Ultra :: Macbook Pro 13" 2010

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Your suggestion for adding functionality to be able to change the loop start position has been noted. We will look into it.

If I am understanding you correctly regarding loop size, the ability to change loop length's on the fly is already mapped into the FX knobs section if you hit the "Control FX" button until the "Loops" mode LED is lit. In Loops mode, the knobs will change the loop length and the A/B/C/D buttons below will drop a loop of your set knob length onto the appropriate deck.
    yeah? sorry? thats prophably not so easy to get my english, but still, i found that out that fx knobs and buttons are changing the loop length on a fly, i just was never use last 2 knobs for that while i was using previous tsi for(mostly)2 decks mxing.
    anyways my suggestion is to make some mapping to move the loops on a fly
    i'm pretty sure a lot of vci users like to perfom not just loop length but loop position as well, i know this was provided by using key combo shift+beat jump key,but some times it just slides back or forward by itself and can't stop after using that combination.
    So another big question request is how to map vci and keys by myself?
    traktor pro has lots of settings about mapping and it's not so easy to figure uot how to make some particular functions to work properly/ for example i can't get how to map function to key combination like shift+..
    when i'm tryin to map anything to knob or key +shift comb it maps funktion to that key or knob only, but without holding down shift
    what about to make some mapping fo jog wheel + shift for skipping track ore for csrolling tracks at playlist

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TAKE NOT OF THIS MEGA SIMPLE SUGGESTION.

Map into the browse buttons the command to jump to search box, it makes soooo much sense i find it hard to believe its not been done before
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast