Ultrasone DJ-1 Headphones - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Both are really good... but once you hear the Ultrasone's.. there's no going back!

I have had these for about a month... The "Technics" will have a permanent rest in a box!!!
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

For those of you that have the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro's, does there seem to be an issue an issue with the connector not holding the cable correctly? Cus i found a review on amazon saying

"These headphones (and the various accessories and hard case) are nearly perfect. But there is that awful connector between the cable and the headphones themselves, which never holds perfectly (or screws appropriately). If that were fixed this would be a totally perfect product."

I really want these headphones but i wouldnt like it to have a faulty connector if im having to pay $240 or so for it, any sites you guys can recommend where i can find it for cheaper?

No issues at all with mine....

Strange what you read in that review, since the 1/8 to 1/4 adapter that is described there is screwed.. so there's no possibility that it wouldn't hold. Maybe that person damaged the threads?
    Last edited by Julio; 11-12-2008 at 09:15 AM.
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Quote Originally Posted by Epedemic View Post
    Im seriously considering getting the DJ-1 Pro but at the same time looking at the Pioneer HDJ1000 and the Technics 1200...visually the Pioneer and the Technics look a bit better than the DJ-1 (call me a whore =P)...but technically i like the fact that i can hear the same dB of music without having to crank it up...i havent been djing for that long but i can already tell my hearing is going from all the raves and events i used to go to while youger haha...Has anyone had hands on experience with these pieces of gear cus i dont really see any dj's using these headphones either....lets get some feedback on these bad boys....
    I have had a Pioneer HDJ1000 for about 6weeks, people always told me it was great and stuff, but after 6weeks mine broke at the left side (and I didn't abuse it) cause to normal home and gig performance! So I don't recommend the Pioneer
    For the moment I'm using a Reloop RH3500ltd (in fully white ) and I like them a lot!! Great sound, good build quality and even cheaper than the Pioneer or the Technics.

Peace
    Last edited by Shaghy; 11-12-2008 at 09:45 AM.
    Let the beat control your body...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaghy View Post
    I have had a Pioneer HDJ1000 for about 6weeks, people always told me it was great and stuff, but after 6weeks mine broke at the left side (and I didn't abuse it) cause to normal home and gig performance! So I don't recommend the Pioneer
    For the moment I'm using a Reloop RH3500ltd (in fully white ) and I like them a lot!! Great sound, good build quality and even cheaper than the Pioneer or the Technics.

Peace
    Dude i was checking out the white Reloops also, and man do they look sweet and will definately match with my white Korg mixer. How do you think they sound in comparison to the pioneer and how about comfort and build? I was also wondering what material are the phones made of? They seem to be cloth and would be easily be dirtied by sweat wouldnt it?. One thing thats kinda steering me in the Dj-1 Pro directions is the S-Logic drivers that will help save my hearing more or less. So lemme know whats the word on those sweet Loops

Tech Mentor

I think now im buying these headphone, recommendations are always great. Now does anybody know, a website with a good price?
    Thank Ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Epedemic View Post
    Dude i was checking out the white Reloops also, and man do they look sweet and will definately match with my white Korg mixer. How do you think they sound in comparison to the pioneer and how about comfort and build? I was also wondering what material are the phones made of? They seem to be cloth and would be easily be dirtied by sweat wouldnt it?. One thing thats kinda steering me in the Dj-1 Pro directions is the S-Logic drivers that will help save my hearing more or less. So lemme know whats the word on those sweet Loops
    Yeah dude they are really smoking hot in white
    The sound quality is really really good, I was suprised the first time I used them! They're pretty comfy too, I use them sometimes for gig that last more or less 4-5 hours and I have no troubles with that. The build is in my opinion good, mine don't break so I'm pretty happy about that The driver unit’s cover are in metal (nice white-silver) and the rest of it is in durable plastic. The phone come with two types of covers, cloth and leather, I always use the leather ones because they are more comfy and you can clean them easily! One thing you need to know, the first time you look in the mirror with the Loops on, they look gigantic But this makes it even more freakin' cool!!
    I hope this answers your questions...

peace
    Let the beat control your body...

So finally after much shopping around and price matching I've finally got my pair of Ultrasone Dj1 Pro's. My initial impression of these cans when I opened the box was that they are HUGE. The set came with a carrying case, spare pair of muffs, two cables one with in line volume adjusting where you can adjust volume of the L or R ear independently and a stereo/mono switch. The fit pretty comfortably around the head and my ears dont get too irritated after a long with them on my head, just cant do too much head banging or they mite fall off. These are my first pair of professional headphones so I really cant compare them with anything else, but to me the sound is fabulous, wouldnt mind if there was a little bit more bass, but in the Mid and High ranges I can hear everything clearly, in fact it sounds so good that it puts some of my mp3's to shame. The selling point of these headphones was the claim that your ears portray the same amount of loudness with less dB output, because I value my hearing. I paid $169.99 for it shipped and I think with all the extra goodies it came with it is well worth it.

I am actually strongly considering picking up a set of these cans for myself.

hmm, seems to be that this product is well recommended.

sadly there is no dealer that has DJ1pro in czech republic - and that is damn neighbor country of germany (ultrasone manufacter country)....

well i got my eye on the technology of noise supresion, like in these>
    http://www.decks.co.uk/products/allen_heath/xd53

can someone compare these two headphones? AH and DJ1Pro ??
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast