DJ Stormeagle's Numark Total Control + Traktor Pro Mapping Video - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

its unreal how similar this mapping is to the one i use on my numark stealth, right down to the use of shift buttons to effects select and quick track search. in my mind this controller easily rivals a lot of what can be done with the vci, for example i've got two extra shift buttons set up to drop/play que points and delete them. to me the amount of buttons and faders/encoders almost seems more intuative, even if the buttons aren't as playable as those on a vci arcade etc.

the only thing lacking really is the touch sensitive jogs and as yet i've had no luck really turning them into any kind of serious scratch interface but time will tell.

excellent mapping and video, these controllers dont get enough props for being great entry level digital dj tools...

I guess great minds think alike! You hit the nail on the head though - I think the layout is very intuitive and for those of us on a tight budget and don't really scratch (if you want to why not buy turntables?) it is a fantastic controller that doesn't get any of the recognition it should. I would be very interested in seeing your mapping, any chance you have a video of it?
    www.djstormeagle.com

DJ Gear: Traktor Pro 2|Traktor Kontrol S4|Macbook Pro
    Audio Gear: Crown XLS 1500|Behringer 212XL|Gemini GVX-SUB 15P
    Lighting: American DJ Galaxian 3D|American DJ LED Megabar 50|American DJ Mini Fog

i dont have a video but i can post the mapping if people want. i've changed quite a few other things aswell. one thing to bear in mind though is that i also use a touchscreeen laptop (HP DV2300) which has a pretty good multitouch interface. its not quite "ipad djing" capable yet, both due to hardware and software not being there yet but it means i can have really quick access to loops and move controls without having to use the trackpad. its also really handy for avoiding those moments trying to find the cursor in the heat of the moment.

because of this and windows 7's awesome drag and drop stuff i've completely remapped the track loading section as i do this on the laptop (and also use itunes to organise my music alot of the time). my shift button does the effects select but also turns the pitch and loop buttons into hotcues, with the left track load being used as a modifier to delete them on the fly. the other major change is that i always found the monitor mix to be in a bit of an innaccessible place (similar inspiration i'm sure to you having either button affect the other) so i remapped the track select encoder as a sort of super PFL selector. each push changes which deck is monitored and the encoder changes the mix, this allows really quick switching of what your listening to and matching up.

the last thing i really want to do with this controller is surn the right track load button into a scratch modifier. it would be awesome if i could hold it then turning the jog would send a midi on for scratch on that deck. i'm not sure if thats the best way to describe it but basically it must be possible to have a modifier act like the touch sensitive abilities of the vci.

there's so much possibility its amazing though, and the best bit is that a backpack can hold all the stuff i need to rock a party

love it when people come up and tell me i'm playing sick music, then later wander round the booth and tell me i'm not doing it right or its not the same as vinyls (no shit!?) - "mate, I'm the one being paid :P"

Tech Mentor

Any help please?

Quote Originally Posted by onetidd View Post
    Any help please?
    You need to give me more time - I'm having an issue with the LEDs. When it's done I'll get back to you. I promise I haven't forgotten about you!
    www.djstormeagle.com

Lighting: American DJ Galaxian 3D|American DJ LED Megabar 50|American DJ Mini Fog

Tech Mentor

Oh thanx a lot i will wait the times it does ^^

what problem are you having with the LED's? that was a major gripe of mine having to use notes rather than numbers AND them being completely different to the buttons they relate to, I've got a link to the midi notes for the buttons if you need and there's a thread on the native instruments forum explaining some things you can do with them really well.

well I think what onetidd wants (correct me if I am wrong) is the Loop In to just auto set a loop of 16 beats and loop out to end the loop. I got the functionality done easily but something with the status LEDs is messed up. Only the Loop out button stays lit. Both Loop in and Loop out should be lit since I have a "loop active" LEDs output command in the mapping. So I have to spend some more time thinking about why that is and how to fix it. Complete pain in the --- like you said since the notes aren't the same as the button they are on. Thanks for the heads up on the thread though, I'll have a look if you send along the link.
    www.djstormeagle.com

Tech Mentor

It's exactly what i need Dj Stormeagle's tx again... but if it's too hard with the led it's not a problem ^^

Tech Student

Hey man tanx alot....im getting crazy mapping my total control!!!tnx

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast