Kontrol X1 Mk2 Strange Mapping Issue - Mapping window says " Inappropriate Control "
    Tech Wizard

Default Kontrol X1 Mk2 Strange Mapping Issue - Mapping window says " Inappropriate Control "

Hi,

I'm currently modifying my X1 Mk2 Mapping (The FX Section) & want one of the FX knobs to control the parameter of a particular effect & turn one of the FX Parameter Button's off at the same time. Its a simple command & have done it in the past with the X1 Mk2 itself but today when i'm assigning the Knob to map the "Button 2" command in Traktor, It says " Inappropriate Control ". The strange thing is that the same mapping has another knob assigned to turn off an FX button command. Any lead ?

This is the screenshot where it says " Inappropriate Control " - http://imgur.com/9mY59dk

This is the screenshot of the same mapping where another knob has been mapped to a FX Button Command - http://imgur.com/IjUM6bg

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

The button type commends can't be assigned to a fader in the native mapping... You could try the Midi Mode instead.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    The button type commends can't be assigned to a fader in the native mapping... You could try the Midi Mode instead.
    Sure, But it doesn't make sense because I have already mapped the same command to a fader in the same mapping. Do you think this has something to do with a newer version of Traktor ? I'm on 2.6.8 right now. It could be that I had mapped that fader assignment on an older version of Traktor.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I recon that it can't be mapped because if I try a same thing with my S2 or F1 Traktor would give me the same error. Don't have an X1 to test and say for sure but maybe there is some way to get it working as you're saying that one of knobs has worked fine.

Are you sure you aren't using a newer version than 2.6.8?
    On 2.6.8 it should work. Only tried it on S4mk1 & F1 though. X1mk2 could have some new restrictions.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sulherokhh View Post
    Are you sure you aren't using a newer version than 2.6.8?
    On 2.6.8 it should work. Only tried it on S4mk1 & F1 though. X1mk2 could have some new restrictions.
    Yep "2.6.8 (R382)" is what it shows. Really Strange. Damm, Really limiting my mapping capabilities now, Hoping to find a way to resolve it soon. Anyone with a X1mk2 could test it for me ?