Vestax Spin Traktor 1.2.3 TSI Fully Working - Page 8
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

just received my Spin today, but I have lots of work today and tomorrow, so i'll test out the mapping on the weekend and let you know how it turned out for me oldfashioned.

Tech Wizard

Hey guys!!! I really appreciate the feedback! It's great that the TSI is working well for you. I have tons of shit to do these days but what I can tell you is that I am currently remapping the FX section and adding 4 deck support.

so cheers and c u soon!

Tech Student

4 deck support would be fantastic - thanks for your work, oldfashioned!

Tech Convert

Can someone please tell me how to open this map with traktor pro ive just got the spin & tractor with windows vista but ive no idea what im doing. Just replaced my 1200s so this is all new to me, any help would be much appreciated!!

Default started to use it.

My goodness Oldfashoined I Love you man! This midi map is soooo good thanks. The only thing I would maybe like would be to have individual buttons for turning on the effects on/ off (i.e. on for filter, etc..each separate effect in the effect chain).

Other than that though it is amazing. Four deck support would deffinietly be cool also.

Once again thanks for putting in the time to make these maps and sharing them with all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by stimo999 View Post
    Can someone please tell me how to open this map with traktor pro ive just got the spin & tractor with windows vista but ive no idea what im doing. Just replaced my 1200s so this is all new to me, any help would be much appreciated!!
    go into preferences and click on midi, then import the .tsi file of the mapping, and it should be all good, you can fiddle with the audio outputs and what not if you have an external sound card.

Tech Convert

Thanks for the reply bmo, when I import the file nothing happens. any idea what im doing wrong? Thanks again for any help!!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by stimo999 View Post
    Thanks for the reply bmo, when I import the file nothing happens. any idea what im doing wrong? Thanks again for any help!!
    Are you sure you are using either version 1.2.3 or 1.2.4? This particular TSI won't work with any other version.

@bmo: so you finally received your Spin? great! Try and explain once again what you meant. I couldn't quite catch it.

"The only thing I would maybe like would be to have individual buttons for turning on the effects on/ off (i.e. on for filter, etc..each separate effect in the effect chain)."

I consider creating a whole new map altogether. Adding things just makes the TSI a mess + i've made a few "modifier assignment" mistakes in the earlier versions, which results in having to remap tons of stuff now... It would be easier to redo the whole thing.

My idea is to simplify the FX section
    Add 4 decks (this is happenin' fo sho' )
    It would be nice if I could reverse engineer the sampler dem bwoys with the VCI-100s have with their mapping.

gotta go now! more input later...

Sorry if I was unclear before I'm probably not using the right term to describe what i mean. It seems as though the way the FX are mapped, is that they have to be clicked as on, when I want to use them. I mean the little FX box at the top right and left corners in Traktor showing three different effects and one knob under each one for dry/wet. Well under the knob there's a button that says on, and when you click it it illuminates and allows the FX to be heard. What I've found with your mapping is that one can either turn on the whole FX box (i.e. the three different effects in the box) but it won't allow to turn on/off each of the individual FX that are in the box.

Honestly I don't want to sound like a nag or anything, I am truly really impressed with the mapping, and it obviously took a lot more technological computing skills than I have, but I think this feature could definitely have its uses.

I look forward to using 4 decks on the spin. And if you say you're going to re-do the whole FX section then I'm sure you'll probable address what I've mentioned above, without even realizing it.

BTW I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or if this is even possible with your current map, but is it possible to select songs with the spin, or must it still be done with a mouse?

thanks, regards,

BMO

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bmo View Post
    Sorry if I was unclear before I'm probably not using the right term to describe what i mean. It seems as though the way the FX are mapped, is that they have to be clicked as on, when I want to use them. I mean the little FX box at the top right and left corners in Traktor showing three different effects and one knob under each one for dry/wet. Well under the knob there's a button that says on, and when you click it it illuminates and allows the FX to be heard. What I've found with your mapping is that one can either turn on the whole FX box (i.e. the three different effects in the box) but it won't allow to turn on/off each of the individual FX that are in the box.

Honestly I don't want to sound like a nag or anything, I am truly really impressed with the mapping, and it obviously took a lot more technological computing skills than I have, but I think this feature could definitely have its uses.

I look forward to using 4 decks on the spin. And if you say you're going to re-do the whole FX section then I'm sure you'll probable address what I've mentioned above, without even realizing it.

BTW I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or if this is even possible with your current map, but is it possible to select songs with the spin, or must it still be done with a mouse?

thanks, regards,

BMO
    Cool dude! I'll take a look into it and will certainly figure out a way to have separate on/off buttons when in chained mode!

And yes! You select songs with the Nintendo Cross or you hold down SHIFT and use the left Jog Wheel in kinda' iPod fashion

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast