Vestax Spin Traktor 1.2.3 TSI Fully Working - Page 4
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Ok lads, here's the one with the "gain" controls mapped as "Filter" in Advanced FX mode.

@eddij: I think I know what you mean. I got wrecked last night so I'll get some sleep now and I'll post again in the noon!

Attachment 2093

Tech Convert

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by oldfashioned View Post
    Ok lads, here's the one with the "gain" controls mapped as "Filter" in Advanced FX mode.

@eddij: I think I know what you mean. I got wrecked last night so I'll get some sleep now and I'll post again in the noon!

Attachment 2093
    ahahha! great the filters are working now

just one quick question are the jog wheels working as pitch bend jogs for you? I thought that the inner part was for scratching and the outer "glass" part was for pitch bending (as the VCI 100 works) but at the moment I can only scratch...

so what if we map it that if you click and hold the "needle" button you can pitch bend with the jogwheels and we you don't press anything you can use them for scratching...just an idea...

Then one last thing..can you please map the mic fx to act as headphone mix?

I'm so sorry to ask you so many things but I think we can really improve this tool!

I was just wondering if someone could help/ I just got the Vestax spin and using this tsi thanks.

But I would like to know if someone could help me with the crossfader. I have the setting set to sharp cut in the preference but it still seems to have way too much fade for me. Does anyone know how I can get a really sharp cut with the settings?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by eddij View Post
    ahahha! great the filters are working now

just one quick question are the jog wheels working as pitch bend jogs for you? I thought that the inner part was for scratching and the outer "glass" part was for pitch bending (as the VCI 100 works) but at the moment I can only scratch...

so what if we map it that if you click and hold the "needle" button you can pitch bend with the jogwheels and we you don't press anything you can use them for scratching...just an idea...

Then one last thing..can you please map the mic fx to act as headphone mix?

I'm so sorry to ask you so many things but I think we can really improve this tool!
    Version 1.4.3 Attachment 2108

* MIC FX mapped as Headphone Mix

* Holding the "needle" button enables Pitch Bend on the jogs

(as proposed by eddij )

oldfashioned, I'm also having problems with the outer jogwheel not acting as a pitchbend.

Also, do you know a way in which the crossfader could be configured to give a on off cut as the fast setting doesn't seem to cut in that fast.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by majestics View Post
    oldfashioned, I'm also having problems with the outer jogwheel not acting as a pitchbend.

Also, do you know a way in which the crossfader could be configured to give a on off cut as the fast setting doesn't seem to cut in that fast.
    Have you tried the latest TSI? Is the pitch bend working when you press and hold the needle button? The one next to the headphone cue.

I'll see what I can do for more rapid crossfader response.

Yes, the latest tsi is working well with the pitchbend but I would like it the old way where you don't have to press the needle button and just spin the outer wheel to change the pitchbend. If you could give me the values I could add them myself.

I already mapped the headphone volume to mic pitch a while back!

If you could get that crossfader to have a on/off cut I would be eternally grateful. I love the spin but If I can't get the crossfader to cut in I might have to send the device back.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by majestics View Post
    Yes, the latest tsi is working well with the pitchbend but I would like it the old way where you don't have to press the needle button and just spin the outer wheel to change the pitchbend. If you could give me the values I could add them myself.

I already mapped the headphone volume to mic pitch a while back!

If you could get that crossfader to have a on/off cut I would be eternally grateful. I love the spin but If I can't get the crossfader to cut in I might have to send the device back.
    The jog is only sending 2 different MIDI notes, which makes seamless tempo bending impossible (at least to me). I have managed to do it a while back but it caused weird skipping and other buggy stuff to occur...

You should also have in mind that we are currently using the jogs to:

go up/down through the list, on/off ; dry/wet control for effects and scratching so I really struggle to figure out a way to add tempo bend to the sides while keeping the TSI bug free and fully functional.

No problem oldfashioned I understand, that's not a big issue for me to be honest.

The biggest issue I have is with the crossfader curve. If there is a way to make it on/off I would be a very happy man!

Tech Wizard

I tested the Spin with Scratch Roulette a while back and the fader is indeed much too sensitive for that... We need to find a way for it to behave like a three-way switch rather than a fader. I'll do some research later tonight, it's beer time over here so I'm out!

Cheers mate!

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast