Vestax Spin Traktor 1.2.3 TSI Fully Working - Page 11
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

I've got your SPIN mapping working perfectly on a fresh install of Traktor 1.2.6.

One suggestion / question on a mapping that doesn't make sense to me -- which might be because I'm a newbie to Traktor.

I understand you have the Automix button mapped to turn on or off the FX mode. But then you also have the "FX" button mapped to "FX on / off" -- i.e. if I push the automix button I can control the FX via the controls, but then there's a separate button for turning the FX on or off.

Given that the FX can be turned on/off via the jog wheel, the FX button mapped to "FX on/off" seems redundant. It also would be very nice to have the FX button's LED used to notify you if you're in FX mode with the controller or not, as opposed to if FX is enabled or not (which is displayed for you in traktor) -- I have some trouble (as a newbie) getting in and out of FX mode while spinning -- I usually will play with the gains to see which mode i'm in based on whether the gain or filter turns.

So, my suggestion -- if possible, make the FX button enter / leave the FX mode (the current function of the automix button in your mapping). FX on/off seems like a redundant feature not necessary -- just have FX on all the time when switching to FX mode, and bring it in/out like usual it via touching the jog wheel?

And then hopefully use the FX button LED status to indicate whether you're in FX mode or not, as opposed to it's current redundant use, since there's a FX enabled/disabled indicator in traktor, but no other indicator that you're in FX mode in the controller.

Unless of course there's something I'm missing about how FX are typically controlled, and if so, if someone could clue me in, greatly appreciated
    Last edited by e-Foster; 04-24-2010 at 01:59 PM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Phatso View Post
    If you look at the mapping description, you'll see that the MIC FX knob of the SPIN is mapped to Traktor's Monitor MIX:

- When all the way to the left, you will hear ONLY the deck if the HEADPHONE button is pressed (as in DJay)

- at 12 O'clock, you'll have both the "Headphone" output, as well as the Main mix

- All the way to the right, and you'll have only the main Mix
    This is what my problem was, thanks for pointing out the obvious! :]

Hey guys. I just got my Vestax Spin yesterday and im super noob. I was wondering if there was any way I could have the master come out of my computer speakers and the monitor come out of the headphones?
    Last edited by Donkeybong; 04-30-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Tech Student

Dear Oldfashioned,

I,ve just aquired a Spin and was very interested by your mappings!
    How can we access the .tsi files? It seems that as a new member, access is restricted despite repetitive logon. Please let me know.
    Thanks in advance,

Nicofirk

Tech Student

LATEST TSI
    Vestax Spin by oldfashioned - Full MAP for Traktor 1.2.3 (ver. 1.4.3).tsi

It seems this link is broken!
    Thanks for sharing this great work with neubies!

Tech Student

Hi OldFashioned, i´m a spanish owner of the vestax spin, and i have found your fabulous .tsi for traktor and i´m really impressed, it´s works perfectly. But i wanna ask you something, in your actual .tsi it make pitch bend by holding the needle button, could you make me a .tsi where you press the needle button one time and you enter "pitch bend mode" and when you press it again it returns scratch mode?? It would be very helpful to me

THANKS TO MAKE THIS POSSIBLE

Tech Wizard

dj_nacho...I believe you can fix this yourself very easily but changing the button setting from "On Hold" to "Toggle" within the Controller Manager.

Tech Student

Thanks for the answer! I have been looking it, and i think that i may be a modifier, because there is not button for it. It would be pleased if someone knows what modifier it is.

@ DJ Nacho

Check the Traktor User manual , Chapter 15.1 for an extensive guide to MIDI mapping within Traktor.
    The Phat One

Tech Student

Hi all,

For some reason de link to the LATEST TSI isn't working with me, and keeps redirecting to the login page. Is the access restricted or is this a browser issue? can someone help?
    Actually, it seems that re-positng the link on an other page would work, as I can access the older .tsi attachments.

Many thanks

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast