Deck switch noise (scs.3d)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Deck switch noise (scs.3d)

Edit: situation totally changed, scroll down to read current problem

Hi guys, I've recently got the stanton dascratch scs.3d and the Audio Kontrol 1. I've managed to install them successfully after some frustration with the 64 bit drivers for the stanton but at last it all works.
    The problem now is that when I connect the SCS.3d and the AK1 to traktor, a noise pops up when I press the 'deck' button on the stanton.. I'm quite sure this is not a latency issue because I've tried playing with those settings to no avail. Well I must admit the sound changed pitch a little bit, but was of the same amplitude..
    I find this quite strange and it only happens when I use the deck button, not on any other buttons.. Any suggestions?

edit: maybe this is the wrong forum for this, move to general forum?
    Last edited by sj03w4t; 01-15-2010 at 04:52 PM.

okay so I found out it only happens when I also have my Keyrig 25 (m-audio connected) connected. Does that help?

Default Re: Deck switch noise (scs.3d)

Wow that's really weird, all the deck button does is send midi message that switches a preset. I'd submit this issue on the Stanton forum.

Tech Guru

It sounds like you've got your AK1 latency set too low. Please post your USB buffer size and audio buffer size in this thread.

I know you said you've played with it, but your description makes no sense. Any adjustment to the buffers will make no difference at all to the amplitude or pitch of the playback. That leads me to believe that you're adjusted something else.

You should make adjustments to your AK1 using the AK1 Control panel applet - not from the preferences in Traktor.

Okay I've tried changing both the Audio and USB buffersize settings (starting at 4 and 2, respectively) and tried going up with one or both, until the maximum. Unfortunately the sound only decreased in volume but never disappeared. Until I unplugged my keyrig 25 and had no problems whatsoever.. The latency settings could be dropped again to 4 and 2 without problems.. Could there be conflicting drivers or something???

edit: thanks for the input so far

Tech Guru

The SCS.3 devices don't require drivers, but there are 2 virtual drivers in the DaRouter software. It's possible, but odd.

I'm using vista 64 bit, could the problem lie there?
    I'm currently using 'TDS Single SCS.3D V1.90 BETA' as active preset. Any suggestions?

Tech Guru

It's not anything related to a 64bit OS, as it's been thoroughly tested in both Vista 64 and Windows 7.

Just to be sure, you NEVER get these glitches when doing anything else on the SCS.3 controllers - just when you switch decks? Have you tried connecting the SCS.3 and M-Audio controllers to a powered hub?

Yes, only when I press the deck button. (Never with FX, loops, or trigger points..)
    I haven't tried a powered hub but I think it won't make a difference because I have two connections for the USB; 2x usb front of case, 8x usb back of case (I'm using an ordinary desktop pc) but if you think it may really help, I'll look into buying one..

doh.
    I've been kinda stupid all along; I've had the SCS connected all the time but realized that when I disconnected the SCS the noise didn't disappear! The problem lays with the keyrig 25 and that problem is not yet fixed.. When I disconnect the keyrig, no noises appear. There are no drivers for the m-audio, they are class compliant..

Any suggestions?
    p.s. the noise also happens when I 'click' on one of the two deck buttons (which then turn orange)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast