Mapping Rarely Working and Resetting.
    Tech Wizard

Default Mapping Rarely Working and Resetting.

I use a Vestax Typhoon and an x1

typhoon for basics and x1 for effects,

I am very new to mapping and I'm wondering why the hell my controllers 90% of the time do not connect to traktor pro.

they connect to my computer cause I hear the USB noise.

and when it works for a tidbit, I get random shit like the eq's triggering filters >.>

and my x1 having effects on but the lights for the fx are off o.O

Another thing is all of this stuff resets when I boot up?

I'm kinda in the dumps cause I spent like 650 bucks in the past 2 weeks buying all this gear but I'm having so many problems

Help would be much appreciated.

i don't have much time right now. Here goes.
    It sounds like some of the midi notes being sent out by your controllers are duplicated.being the same. You will need to remap them. Easier way would be to change the channel on one of them. Ie channel 1 for vestax and channel 2 for x1. After this save your mapping. Also if they are not registering sometimes it's because they are not selected in the settings at the top. It usually say's keyboard default there. Drop box down and select you controller. And next to it select the midi in and out ports. I'll come back later and see how you got on.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

If you don't map everything in the same page you can just assign them to listen to a specific controller, avoiding overlaps and possible mistakes and debugging by shifting the X1 to a different channel one parameter at a time. Sort your mappings by "Mapped to" and check unwanted duplicates.

Regarding faulty connections, try using different USB ports/cables and keeping your drivers up to date (controllers and motherboard). They might connect to your computer but that doesn't mean they are identified properly.

Be patient, these things take some time to get used to but the customization and learning experience are worth it.