2 hercules RMX with traktor pro.. is it possible?
    Tech Convert

Default 2 hercules RMX with traktor pro.. is it possible?

Long story short, I have had 2 Hercules RMX controllers but one was in Pennsylvania and the other was here in California with me. I finally decided to get the other one shipped out to me. Now that I have both of then here, it hit me. I could probably use both at the same time but use one to control deck C+D and maybe map out some other stuff on the 2nd controller. Sounds easy on paper of course and now I'm starting to second guess if its even possible.. any input from you guys on this?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Great lil controllers - if a lil heavy espessially 2 of the lil feckers

You'll prob need the Hercules MidiMapper from their site to change midi channel, apart from that cant see why it wont work.

You might be better off selling one and going for something like a X1 for portability or APC20 for mashability though unless you really like the idea of 4 jogs Just an Idea

no reason to even change midi channels. so long as they both show up as sep devices in traktor (which they should do and if not you're screwed anyway) just use sep tsi's for each and set the ins and outs correctly. i have no clue why people often suggest needing to change midi channels - each device can address 16 channels in any way it wants to UNLESS you (do the very dumb thing) of setting the "All Ports" for the tsi's - tho there are some (esoteric) uses for that i admit.

in short yes it should work fine and if you have a mac i'd reckon paying for that new external tsi editor would be a wise choice
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Great lil controllers - if a lil heavy espessially 2 of the lil feckers
    do look a bit heavy - being metal and all but loads of cool buttons to map two might be a bit excessive tho? adding a 2nd smaller/different controller might be better - but if i had two i'm sure i'd come up with some way of combing them together...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Convert

Guess I should have also mentioned that the outputs on the one are completely shot.. can't really sell or get rid of it for an x1 or something because I can't fi d anybody that wants to buy it. Thinking back now though, when I got my 2nd RMX and plugged it in I had all kinds of problems because my laptop thought it was my other RMX? It was weird. That was also on my dell 2+ years ago. Since then I've upgraded to a Macbook pro. Anyhow, thanks for the input guys! Only got my other RMX in last night and haven't had time to try and figure anything out because of work getting in the way.

the "All Ports" shenanigans will certainly cause issues like that - unless u mean just at the device layer in windows? i guess not all devices work well when you plug more than one of them in. suck it and see i guess...

Tech Convert

well, seems as though traktor recognizes both of the RMX's while they're both plugged in because all the usual lights both light up on both of them. can't seem to figure out how to add another RMX in the controller manager (i'm pretty shitty with stuff like this.. i like to just plug and play). It makes sense that it can be done now since traktor can recognize 2 seperate X1's (unless that's something on a totally different scale since they're both traktor compatible right out of the box). Maybe there's something i need to change in the hercules dashboard? i can't seem to figure it out. I would like for a tech guy to come around and find this thread. maybe they would know the best.

go to the controller manager and click on "Add..." (near the top) and then "Import", select your tsi again to import a 2nd copy, then select the IN+OUT ports for it for that 2nd controller. ofc that will just make it act like the other one which may or may not be enough. or you can "Add..." then "Generic MIDI" and then create your own new custom map for it. tweaking the "Device Focus" might or might not help depending on how they're setup - i suspect not.

if you're on a mac you could always buy that new traktor editor app ofc - would make creating a completely custom map much simpler.