All BCR users
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All BCR users

Tech Wizard

Default All BCR users

I am getting into Traktor and currently I have a BCR2000 that I was using for Ableton. Is anyone using the BCR as a primary controller for Traktor? I know it is not ideal but I need to save for a VCI. I just bought a Midi Fighter to use for cue juggling but need some ideas on how best to map my BCR. Any good TSI files out there for this?

Tech Guru

hahaha... get ready for some epic tekki up in this thread. I have the bcr. I also use it in ableton, and have yet to map it for traktor because I have a vci. but tekki will help you out.

Tech Wizard

I have been working on my BCR mapping and this is my progress so far. If I ever get this worked out I will upload my final TSI. I would like some feedback on what you think and how I can streamline this. I'm pretty new to Traktor and I'm still working with a Demo version. (Waiting for my full copy to come) My objective is to make it as easy to use as possible and have everything quickly accessable. One thing I like about the BCR is that you can have multiple programs and they are usually a quick button push away.

Any thoughts or tips (Except get a VCI, I'm already working on that)

Saw your MIDI map, and I think you're going to be a beatgrid sync DJ if I'm correct.
    For that, you would have a nice mapping.

Here was what my Traktor DJ Studio mapping was like some time ago:

I reverted back from Traktor Pro to Traktor DJ Studio, as I was not able to map a CDJ jog properly to a BCR rotary.

I am still beatmatching manually, as I don't want to depend on beatgrids. (Basically too lazy to bother about them. )

If you want to know a bit more, just follow the links in my sig, they should get you fixed, if you still need understanding regarding the BCR2000.
    Last edited by tekki; 01-14-2010 at 11:40 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

On your setup you have a scroll fast and a scroll slow. What are the parameters you set for each of those. I have one set but having trouble being able to scroll to the track I want.

Here you go:

Scroll is mapped under Deck Seek Position >
    FAST
    Control Type: Direct
    MIDI control Type: Rotary (7Fh;01h)
    Rotary Sensitivity: 0%
    Rotary Acceleration: 0%

SLOW
    Control Type: Direct
    MIDI control Type: Rotary (7Fh;01h)
    Rotary Sensitivity: 6%
    Rotary Acceleration: 0%
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

I've updated my BCR layout. It is still a work in progress but I think it is coming along. There are still some features I'm trying to workout and I still have a few knobs that are unassigned.

Here is a quick list of some of the features I've incorporated into my mapping.

1. Drama - This feature I incorporated from Priscilla's great tutorial. The knob assigns the deck to the FX as well as loads and turns everything on. I then use the FX Kill button to fade it out.
    2. Mash 1-3 - This is a feature I found from another video that I liked. What this does is loads the Beatmasher in a chained FX bank and sets each one to different levels. The buttons then toggle the deck's FX assign as well as turn on and off the FX. I have noticed a problem with this in that when you first load the FX you need to press the button a few times before it loads everything correctly.
    3. Juggle - This is not as smooth as I would like it to be on the BCR. I am in debate right now if I should attempt to mod it with arcade buttons. If anyone has looked into doing this to a BCR please let me know if it is even possible before I destroy my only controller.

Some additional things I'm am looking at are removing the pitch bend. I haven't put beat grids on all of my tracks yet so this helps to fix the tempo for now. As I get through my library I will most likely remove this feature. I would also like to get the X-fader knob to be a lot quicker but I'm not sure how best to set that up. Right now it is more of a placeholder than a useful knob.

My mapping also includes a custom setup which I've included. For the top row of rotaries I started with 1 being the knob and 2 being the button and continued that pattern throughout.

I will post the tsi tonight when I get home for anyone interest in trying it out.

nice layout padawan. i was thinkin about an arcard mod too but i did't have a closer look at it cause i nearly dont use the bcr anymore. anyway it would be really cool to see a moded bcr but i'm not sure if it's possible.

i'm currently thinking about using the bcr again for mixing techno/tech house with a 4 deck mapping. did i get this right that in your mapping you switch between deks a/b c/d by changing the preset? if i do a mapping i'd like to have it in a way that i'm able to controll 4deck eqs without having to switch between presets. but the problem there is the gain knob which doesn't fit the layout of the bcr. i had an idea of how to solve this problem but i don't know how to implement it. the volume-fader should be at 100% when i have the volume-knob at center position (value 64). then when i turn it farther to the right it should start increasing gain. i'm not sure if this would be possible with yust traktor or if you would have to use bome.

Tech Guru

I'm interested in your mapping. I have a bcr, but right now i pretty much only use it for ableton knob orgy, because I have a vci 100. I'm thinking about ways to incorperate it into my setup, and i think the wide variety of fx fun you have could work well. What version of traktor are you usin (i'm still at 1.1.2 cause all of the incarnations of 1.2.x seem to hate me.....)

Tech Wizard

As promised, here is my BCR layout. One thing to note is that both D/W knobs are numbered as 58 not 58 and 63 as originally shown. I also have not decided what to load the FX3 with so if anyone has any ideas feel free to let me know. I am pretty new to Traktor so I don't know what FXs work well together.

Hope you enjoy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast