Official MF Mapping for Traktor Pro - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jaysum View Post
    SHIFT: C3 (48), SYNC, C#3 (49), PAUSE: D3 (50), PLAY D#3 (51)
    RECORD: G#2 (44), MASH: A2 (45), FILTER: A#2 (46), ECHO: B2 (47)
    CUE 5: E2 (40), CUE 6: F2 (41), CUE 7: F#2 (42), CUE 8: G2 (43)
    CUE 1: C2 (36), CUE 2: C#2 (37), CUE 3: D2 (38), CUE 4: D#2 (39)
    Thx. After a bit of pondering I cam to the conclusion that it makes no sense to use the LPD8 with this mapping. But I might port it to my launchpad. I see a few ways of doing the mapping.

1) just use 16 buttons as part of a generic juggle magic page. probably using the rest of the button for some more fx magic
    2) do the mapping for each deck on one page. meaning you wouldnt need to only work with the deck in focus
    3) do away with the shift button and turn it into a deck select A/C and B/D button instead. this way each side would use 16x2 buttons

2) seems a bit overkill, 3) might be nice but maybe also overkill .. 1) of course requires a bit more creativity.

obviously the launchpad is less tactile (both from the button size and responsiveness), but the up side is that you can dynamically color code the buttons from green to yellow to red. in this way you can visualize better in what mode you are currently in.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Convert

Default vyzex

some days you just don't wanna wait till after work....here's a vyzex file which would give you the midi fighter map,

load vyzex, and presuming you know what you're doing put the MFIGHTER preset onto a spare slot on your MPD. mine is on 2 but please don't overwrite something important and blame me.

then just import DJTT's tsi and change the "In-Port" to whichever "USB-Audio Device" applies to your MPD. out-port irrelevant because we don't have led's.

all the buttons work (i.e. they all do something) but i haven't fully checked if they're in the right arrangement, although if they weren't then that would mean the midi-fighter has non-consecutive notes coming from its buttons which is fairly unlikely.
    Last edited by jaysum; 02-09-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Tech Convert

oops. forgot the attachment

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post

2) do the mapping for each deck

yawn. i'll get the coffee.

Tech Student

I'm having issues with the "8 beat sampler", it's the one part of the mapping that isn't working for me. I've been trying to find the sampler control in the .tsi, but there isn't a control in the assignment table for the Midi Fighter called "sampler" or "record". The button that is supposed to be the record button actually changes Deck Master - Auto to Clock Master - Int. I don't understand the point of that, but that's what it's doing. I would try to put it in manually, but I don't know what the control is called that I would be assigning. Do you guys know what that's called?

Also, I've noticed that in Logic my Midi Fighter is assigned to C1-D#2, but most of the posts I've read involving the Midi Fighter show the mapping as C2-D#3. In Traktor all of the controller assignments are C2-D#3, and a few weren't working at first, so I tried switching them down an octave to the C1-D#2 range and now they do. Seems weird, I don't know if it's something I should fix or not.
    Last edited by lpa225; 02-09-2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: I left out some details

Tech Guru

while on the train i did a quick go at mapping the launchpad midi (upper right hand corner) to the midi fighter and back. seeing some flakyness when using the sampler, then again i might not have understood things properly .. or have done a typo in the bome script. not sure if the midi feedback is exactly right either ..
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

I saw the video for this and thought it sounded really really cool.
    Unfortunately I don't have a Midifighter...
    but I'm trying to figure out the effects used when Ean says "To drop a loop, you might press record..." and then the cue point buttons are used to "rejuggle" the loop...
    How does the record button record a sample that plays even after the deck stops? Is it the beatslicer effect?

Can anyone shed some light on this? thanks!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by lpa225 View Post
    so I tried switching them down an octave
    i 'think' different software uses different octave notation. middle C is usually C4 = binary 60.... but i think even my vyzex software shows everything as being 1 octave lower than what traktor uses.
    TP 1.2.4, ye olde Toshiba Satellite 1.7 Ghz, 1GB RAM, WinXP. Stanton SCS3d, Akai MPD24 and Hercules DJC mk2.

Tech Guru

I noticed that when importing the new TSI for the MidiFighter that the top two effect buttons which activate the beatmasher and beatmasher and filter combos does not turn on FX bank 2. Anyone else notice this?
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    I noticed that when importing the new TSI for the MidiFighter that the top two effect buttons which activate the beatmasher and beatmasher and filter combos does not turn on FX bank 2. Anyone else notice this?
    Thanks for your reply jaysum.

I actually have the opposite problem, when I turn on the Beatmasher or the Filter the FX bank gets turned on, but the button assigned to the Effect Param 3 - the Delay - doesn't activate the effect at all. I don't know why, it's mapped correctly.
    Does anyone know how Ean configured that "8 Beat Sampler"? Mine isn't working so I'd like to take a shot at manually mapping that part but I don't know how it's done.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast