Macbook, Enough OOMF? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    You might want a HD with a faster access speed for loading your collection at startup and such, but you should be fine on the processor + ram.
    Yeah, 5400 rpm is more than enough for traktor. It loads the tracks in the RAM anyway so you only read the disk when loading a song to the deck.

I upgraded because I wanted more space, and also because I do other types of work with my MBP like audio production and photography work where a fast disk with a big buffer is a plus.

Yeah true guys! I know about the Kingston and Crucial Ram rule too! Apparantley your asking for trouble with anything else!

I have been doing my research this morning and it will end up costing me $50 more from Apple with 4gb ram and 500gb HD than if I were to buy the base model and upgrade the RAM and HD myself! I think I'll just get the model from Apple with the RAM and HD already upgraded! It's only $1600 something all up so why not pay the $50 extra and save the hassle!

This will be after I get my VCI-100 of course! ; )

Do any of you guys run those hard outer casings? I thought they would tend to over heat the unit a bit? I will get one of those laptop pockets that are designed to then be put into a gig bag! I can't see the point in the hard case apart from cosmetic scratches and a customized look?

Those Keyboard guards too are they any good?

Thanks heaps guys!
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12