Cross Platform Visual Mapper - TSI Format
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Cross Platform Visual Mapper - TSI Format

Hey All,
    I am writing a visual midi mapper for traktor. I am in the early stages, but the problem is, there is one line of binary crap in the tsi file. Can any of you please shed some light on this part of the TSI file.

The app is going to be written in Adobe AIR and I am going to target the xponent, hercules rmx and the vsi-100.

Any help would me MUCH appreciated,
    Joe

Wow, cool project. Adobe Air makes it available for PC and Mac!

Would love to see a bcr2000 added to that list.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

If you know Flex or more importantly Actionscript, you should be able to develop in AIR. Its basically just a FLash app. The cool thing with AIR is that you have access to the hard drive so you can (drum roll please) WRITE FILES... TSI files if I can figure out that one effing line.

Regards,
    J

Let's hope Karlos or Hedgehog can shed some light on this one.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Mentor

Hey man. If your going to write a visual mapper, could perhaps write a text on as well?
    The whole click set click thing is fucking annoying.
    Being able to write it or have a drop down list setting would be awesome.
    Something as simple as xml or even a spreadsheet arrangement with columns from traktor but able to type and copy them. This would make the most complex mappings so much more workable.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the tip.
    My goal is to have drag and drop as well as pull downs. It would be awesome to see which buttons haven't been mapped and what commands are unmapped.

This is starting to look more and more awesome every post!

I would def love to see this thing in action!
    2x Technics M5G :: Traktor 3.4/PRO2 :: Vestax VCI-100
    M-Audio Ultra :: Macbook Pro 13" 2010

True that man!

Tech Guru

at this point i do not expect theencoding to be anything sophisticated. try having a look with a hex editor for example. that being said, the message NI is sending clear: they do not want people to write these kinds of applications. i think its great that you are still taking a stab at this as this again reminds them that we do not agree with their choice.

however this will probably lead towards a cat and mouse game, so i think the more sustainable thing to do is to launch a big enough protest against this close mindedness NI is displaying here.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast