mapping 'browse/tree' in traktor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default mapping 'browse/tree' in traktor

so earlier i mapped the browse control for up and down the tracks in tractor, but now i can't use 'shift + browse knob' to scroll up and down the tree.

i just tried mapping it in the controller manager, but when i click learn and press shift and the browse know, it only sees the shift button or the browse knob, not the 2 together???

any help on this would be great,

thanks guys

Tech Mentor

You need a modifier for the shift key. For instance map modifier 1 value to 1 when you hold shift. Then use conditions to show traktor which window to browse in. m1=0 for tracks, m1=1 for the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    You need a modifier for the shift key. For instance map modifier 1 value to 1 when you hold shift. Then use conditions to show traktor which window to browse in. m1=0 for tracks, m1=1 for the tree.
    I don't get it? how do i map modifier 1 to 1?

surely if i start mapping modifier 1 something it will mess with other stuff that modifier 1 is set to?

Tech Mentor

Ok, I'll tell you the steps. First check if the modifier is free by checking wether it is already assigned. Then pick one that hasn't been assigned yet. Go to add in, modifier, modifier #x (x is the number that is free). Assign it to the shift button. Set the type of controller button and the interaction mode to hold. Set set to value to 1. Then set the conditions of the browser knob to 0 and one for the tracks and the tree respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    Ok, I'll tell you the steps. First check if the modifier is free by checking wether it is already assigned. Then pick one that hasn't been assigned yet. Go to add in, modifier, modifier #x (x is the number that is free). Assign it to the shift button. Set the type of controller button and the interaction mode to hold. Set set to value to 1. Then set the conditions of the browser knob to 0 and one for the tracks and the tree respectively.
    how do i check if it has already been assigned?

i can't see any assignments in the list for either of my X1 mk2's. only ones I've put in myself. its like all the default ones are hidden or not accessible.

Tech Mentor

EDIT: I just tried and the x1 mk2 already has the function you want for the browser knob.

Tech Mentor

Try it on your own x1 mk2, the function you want is already there. Without shift the browser scrolls tracks and with shift it scrolls the tree. It works on my x1 mk2 without an alteration, so it should work on yours unless you already changed the broser knob function.

yes, this is what i said at the start of the thread - it was there, then i had to map the scroll tracks part again because the sensitivity was too high, since i did that i can't scroll through the tree.

Tech Mentor

Then just do as I explained before and simply use modifier 1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast