How to map a button to relative/absolute mode!?
    Tech Wizard

Default How to map a button to relative/absolute mode!?

Hi!
    I wanna use Traktor in single turntable mode and want to map a button of my X1
    to relative/absolute mode Deck A and Deck B!
    Can anybody tell me how to do that?

Tech Mentor

Ok, I think I understand what you want to do. You want to use relative mode on two Traktor decks but switch between them and continue playback on both right?

Ok, what you need to do is make a button that toggles a global modifier between three states. In this example I'll use M1 and states 0, 1, and 2., and have these modifier states direct decks A and B to swap relative and internal playback.

I'll assume that you already know how to clear the controls from the desired button, and have an unmapped button ready.

(A) Add in/modifer#1 now learn this to your button
    on the options for this control set the modifier conditions as M1=0 and set it as a button with the action type "dir" and the button value set to 1.

(B) Add in/modifer#1 also learn this to your button
    on the options for this control set the modifier conditions as M1=1 and set it as a button with the action type "dir" and the button value set to 2 and check the box that says "invert".

(C) Add in/modifer#1also learn this to your button
    on the options for this control set the modifier conditions as M1=2 and set it as a button with the action type "dir" and the button value set to 1.

(D) Add in/modifer#1 also learn this to your button
    on the options for this control set the modifier conditions as M1=1 and set it as a button with the action type "dir" and the button value set to 0 and check the box that says "invert".

(E) Add in/layout/deck mode also learn this to your button
    on the options for this control set the modifier conditions as M1=0 and set it as a button with the action type "dir" and the button value set to "relative" and set the deck as A

(F) Add in/layout/deck mode also learn this to your button
    on the options for this control set the modifier conditions as M1=1 and set it as a button with the action type "dir" and the button value set to "internal" and set the deck as A

(G) Add in/layout/deck mode also learn this to your button
    on the options for this control set the modifier conditions as M1=2 and set it as a button with the action type "dir" and the button value set to "internal" and set the deck as A

(H) Add in/layout/deck mode also learn this to your button
    on the options for this control set the modifier conditions as M1=2 and set it as a button with the action type "dir" and the button value set to "relative" and set the deck as B

(I) Add in/layout/deck mode also learn this to your button
    on the options for this control set the modifier conditions as M1=1 and set it as a button with the action type "dir" and the button value set to "internal" and set the deck as B

(J) Add in/layout/deck mode also learn this to your button
    on the options for this control set the modifier conditions as M1=0 and set it as a button with the action type "dir" and the button value set to "internal" and set the deck as B

That should get decks A and B to swap relative playback with a button hold state where neither are in scratch control so you can move the pitchslider back to the original position. Have fun!

P.s. out of curiosity what kind of turntable are you using?
    Last edited by Phi; 04-30-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Tech Mentor

Btw this is probably going to be a little confusing if you don't set up output mappings and have some LEDs on/around the turntable. You can get away with just one led turning on and off to show which deck is in scratch mode, but I personally think that having two different colors for A and B would be the most intuitive way to do this.
    Last edited by Phi; 04-30-2012 at 02:35 PM.