APC40_Kyoti_TPro+Ableton "Bridge" - 4Deck_4Live_Full_Ctrl
    Tech Guru

Default APC40_Kyoti_TPro2+Ableton "Bridge" - 4Deck_4Live_Full_Ctrl

Kyoti APC40 Traktor Pro 2 + Ableton Live "Bridge" BETA

!Needs Bomes!

I'm proud to share with you a unique rig that is a proof of concept for a sort of Traktor/Live "Bridge". One APC40, one computer, comprehensive control over both programs running in sync. The system requires use of Bomes Midi Translator, and some stones, so if you've got both, read on. Has only been tested on OS X, and probably won't work right on Windows (lots of Send Monitor State), but I look forward to some feedback from the PC users brave enough to give it a shot. In OS X it's very stable. It's gotten plenty of live use with no issues.

What is it?

What is it?: A set of files and templates that will turn a single APC40 and computer into a hybrid dj rig, running Traktor Pro and Ableton Live simultaneously, synced, and with full control over both. A custom Live Remote Script and Bomes MIDI Translator handle the communication. All audio is routed through Live - essentially it's an internal mixing setup with all the benefits of external mixing, minus the external mixer. The rig is 4x4, meaning 4 Traktor decks and 4 Live tracks are accessible from the control surface. This arrangement was chosen for practicality in live performances. Decks are full, not samplers, but that's why you've got Live. Full FX control is included. 2 post-fader fx Live return channels are preconfigured for use on the Traktor decks as well. Traktor’s master clock defines the tempo, and Live slaves to that. A “shift-press” flips between Traktor and Live control layers. Live’s control layer is nearly identical to the native mode. The fundamental concept is that you’ve got a Traktor Bridge-like system that can be as simple or as complex as you want, within a set of constraints. If you want to just manually beatmatch two decks with a little EQ8 on the master, it’ll work. If you want to create a huge funky resampling system complete with automated FX and uber-processed glitch mayhem, that’s good too. I’m just providing the framework – it’s up to you create something in Live that adds to your set. Extensive documentation is included. Let me know how things go - I look forward to hearing about it!
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 02-04-2012 at 04:05 AM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Mentor

can you add a video tutorial?

Tech Guru

Hey guys - I uploaded the wrong Bomes file in my initial post. If you downloaded the zip already or want to download, the current file is the one you need.
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 02-04-2012 at 04:07 AM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hrtbrkd View Post
    can you add a video tutorial?
    I've been thinking about it, but it really depends how much interest there is.

Mixcloud DJ Sets