Question About Creating Step Sequencer in Traktor
    Tech Convert

Question Question About Creating Step Sequencer in Traktor

Hey folks. I've been working on a mapping for the Launchpad that uses the Beat Phase to animate a series of LEDs which will double as a means of determining intensity for seeking in a track based on how many beats have passed. I've googled online, as well as poked around other mappings, and so far I haven't found a sufficient explanation for how to do this Beat Phase counter internally in Traktor. I've been making my own mappings for about 3 months now, and having this figured out would make this Launchpad mapping pretty crazy and worth sharing.

I have attached a VERY incomplete version of the mapping for those of you who may be interested in the mapping. Arrows control folder and song file navigation, User 1 loads Deck A, User 2 loads B, Session loads pages for loop, cue, and Instant Gratification-esque FX control (yet to be fleshed out), Mixer is a VERY incomplete mixer. Deck controls feature Play, Monitor, Master in bottom left corner, top right corner is to load tracks, far right column is tempo fader rough adjustments (bottom button of column is Sync), bottom right of grid is keylock and fine tempo fader adjust buttons. The center currently is a basic seek-in-track series, buttons closest to center have greatest seek distance, buttons farther up on "jogwheel" are finer. The goal of this mapping was to give a very CDJ/vinyl-esque placement of buttons for decks, as well as create smooth mixer and FX controls to make a mapping conducive to novice producers learning how to DJ with what may be one of the most common and affordable controllers ever. This would allow a lot of function and button recognition to quickly transfer over to "real" DJ equipment and controllers.

The function of seek-counters and beat phase counting to slow down the spin on the jog LEDs would give this mapping a real boost, I think. Any help or criticism is appreciated, as I am still very new to this
    Attached Files Attached Files