[VDJ] Updated Novation Launchpad mapping tool
    Tech Convert

Default [VDJ] Updated Novation Launchpad mapping tool

screenshot.jpg

It is more or less what it looks like.

I began this tool a while ago because I realized notepad was just not going to get me where I wanted to go fast enough. A few versions ago I posted it here, but I've added a few features since then that really help me out and I've been getting a lot of questions about it so here's what it is today.

I also want to say that I made the switch to Traktor for a while, I even bought it, but MIDI mapping pulled me back to VDJ. This time around I'm ignoring its god awful sample decks completely though.

0512-mapper-upload.zip

This zip has my Device and Mappers folders (including my DN-MC6000 and LPD8 files cause I'm lazy), all the sound effects referenced in those mappings, and the program above. The Launchpad mapping I use now is one I've made to give visual feedback about 4 decks with several layers/modes controlling most of VDJs available features (excluding samples because Traktor has shown me how it should be). What I should be posting with this is a complex diagram or video, but I can't be bothered to at the moment, so play with it if you like.

DISCLAIMER: Using this program requires some knowledge of VDJscript, and without that it really won't get you very far

In order to use the mapping tool you must have the device definition xml for the Launchpad in YOUR devices folder, as well as the mapper xml in your mappers folder. The program works when it is in the same directory as the Launchpad mapper xml. Enjoy!
    Last edited by flangeordie; 05-17-2012 at 06:14 PM.