Need a Bag for my S4
    Tech Convert

Lightbulb Need a Bag for my S4

Hello DJ friends,
    i want to get me a Bag for my Kontrol S4. Anybody can recommend me one? I would love to have a bag where i can put my whole equipment in it, Notebook, S4, Cables, Headphones, ... and maybe even leave my S4 in the bag, when i perform. I only saw one bag for the S4 yet anybody have experience with it? Or have another good bag?

Tech Guru

there's a big thread on this. Sort the list by Views or Replies and it's on the TOP, just below the stickies.

I'm personally using the Fusion DJ Workstation. I love it! It works as both a shoulder bag and a backpack. Maybe not the most airplane friendly one, as it's bigish, but I don't fly with the S4, so I don't really care. Some people take it as hand lugage on planes though.

It's huge and fits A LOT of stuff and it's relatively well protected. A bit tight in the "W" measure, but still very OK. As per what I'm putting inside:
    The KS4, MBP, headphones, lots of cables, LPK25, Tascam CD-DJ1, PSUs, PDUs and a laptop stand (Matias iFold). There's also room in one of the compartments for Maschine & X1/F1/K2, which I'd like to get this year. Second stand (for controllers) might also fit in (I have a DYI Crane in progress), even together with everything above. It's also not a problem to put in a pair of fresh underwear; t-shirt; socks, as well as a tooth brush; paste; deo spray (whatever).

The Fusion DJ Workstation is a FULL mobile studio bag. The thing is, do you really need so many things on the go, as oposed to a more compact, but limited bag ...
    Last edited by loop; 02-09-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Tech Convert

thanks for your tip the bag looks really big. Can you also leave the S4 in the bag while you djing? Thats what i like on the Zomo one...
    thanks

Tech Convert

OK.. So after reading basically all of the threads I have narrowed it down to the following 2 bags:

1. DJTT S4 Mono Bag

2. Magma Digi Control XL Backpack

Below is a list of items I would place in the bag:

S4
    X1
    Audio 8 soundcard
    15" Macbook Pro
    2 X power supplies for Macbook
    assorted cables (USB & Midi)
    Crane Stand
    2 pairs of headphones
    external HD
    Wireless Mouse

I prefer a backpack style bag but I'm not sure the Magma Backpack can hold everything. I know the DJTT S4 mono bag can hold it all.

Any opinions on choice would be greatly appreciated...

Tech Convert

Thanks for your advices Double R.
    I like the idea of the Backpacks. Thats good when you have to do a big walk with your controller. But i wouldn t walk that much with it, maybe just go to trainstation or to my car. I will wait some days till i will buy a bag for my S4. I still like the idea of the Zomo Bag, with leaving the controller in the bag while i am djing. So its a also a little bit more protection, and i can have my cables plugged on the S4 all the time. But i am still open minded for other advices. Thanks folks

Tech Convert

Well, I took another look at the Fusion DJ workstation and I think I may get that instead. Looks awesome. Does anyone know where I can get it for the best price? Will ship to the US (East coast).

Here's closing it down.

This thread, S4 - What to carry it in has many options for you.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --