Any interest in a Numark Total Control mapping?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any interest in a Numark Total Control mapping?

Hey all,

I mainly use a VCI-100 Arcade, but figured I didnt want to haul around such a pricey piece of kit when I'm traveling. As such, I decided to remap my Numark Total Control for use away from home (I'm currently relocating to Istanbul for a few months.)

Though the Numark TC is on the low/end / beginner side of the spectrum and has a few points against it (loose faders, cramped space), it's light, compact, symmetrically organized, very very cheap, and doesn't really lack anything that other entry level controllers offer. I find it to be an ideal controller for my travel needs, and I think i really killed this latest mapping - it's super logical and symmetrical. There are a few drawbacks which I've explained, but the mapping fits my needs perfectly, and as long as you're not mixing four decks and using all four FX banks heavily, you should be good with this.

Let me know if you'd like me to upload it to this thread.

It offers:

4 deck control:
    - Play, pause, sync
    - Looping, loop modification/moving, and beatjumping, any size

FX (Decks A/B, Banks 1 and 2 only)*
    - FX selection
    - FX bank mode switching (single or group)
    - FX unit on/off (all four)
    *Caveat - can't use fx in decks C/D. I traded that functionality for fine tuned FX control in decks A/B, as I usually mix 2 decks. Same goes with FX banks 1 and 2, needed the space to map the FX unit on/offs. (I use a separate controller for all four fx units.)

Mixer
    - Low, Mid, High EQ controls
    - Filter controls
    - (No gain knobs - i mapped the gain knobs to be filter knobs)
    - PFL mix / vol, master vol, headphone cue

Browser
    - Navigate songs and playlists
    - Enters "browser view" when selecting song, switches back when song is loaded (or if you press exit) - as with the DJTT VCI-100 mapping

LED Notifications let you know:
    - which FX units are on
    - if you're in deck C/D mode
    - if your filters are set low, centered, or high - i find this SUPER useful
    - if a deck is currently playing
    - which FX are on
    - if a deck is currently in a loop
    - if your pitch faders are centered

If there's interest, I'd love to share it. Yeah community!

Thanks,
    fffiiissshhh
    Last edited by fffiiissshhh; 10-04-2011 at 06:21 PM.

I am interested in this for sure, would love to play around with 4 decks on my TC
    Cheers

Tech Student

Definitely, please share it. I'm struggling with my mapping that I use on Traktor Pro, now I'm on Pro 2.

Will post shortly - I just figured out how to map full loop and beat jump control to decks C and D. Still doesnt support fx banks 3 or 4 and still does not support fx controls in decks C and D. I will see what i can do but that might take a few days more. This mapping is really really awesome and super logical =) thanks for being patient.

Tech Student

I look forward to it, I haven't yet found a decent 4 deck map for the total control, I thought I wouldn't get one until I upgrade the controller.

Default Mapping! Chyeahhhh

Three files:

The guide to the mapping
    The mapping (tsi) itself
    A visual guide to everything so you have a reference

Enjoy.
    Last edited by fffiiissshhh; 10-04-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Just fixed a few bugs - latest version is v3.

Good god its 3 am where i am. My brain hurts hard, but i couldnt resist playing around with it for half an hour. I cant believe what i was missing - even on my VCI i usually just play 2 decks. Four decks is incredibly fun in hip hop with sampling...electronica's OK but maybe not as useful, gets crowded really quick haha. Anyway - it works. It's awesome. Have fun!

when i toggle to deck C all controls effect deck A as well. This is the same for side B/D.

Weird, that definitely doesnt happen for me. You should check your active mapping list and make sure that you have removed your old mapping and that theres only one copy of the Numark TC TSI active. So, in preferences > controller mappings, click the Device drop down menu and make sure theres only the ones you want active there. If theres an old Numark TC mapping there that isnt mine, select it. Then click Edit>Delete. This won't permanently delete it, it's just not using it now. You can always add>import and find it again in your finder/explorer to import.

If you have two mappings (whether they are both mine, or mine + someone elses or the default or something), then Traktor will pick up the signal and interpret it for both mappings... and in the mapping that is not mine, you cant control decks c/d, so its picking up for decks a/b again even though you've toggled for c/d.

okay i got it working, and playing nice with my x1, which surprised me.
    Now to figure out where everything is, that will be the fun part of the next few days.
    Thanks for posting this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast