VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2 - Page 19
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    I cannot replicate this issue you are having. Did you figure out a fix? Otherwise, are you sure you are using VCI-100 FW 1.4 and the latest version of Traktor Pro v2.1.1? That is what I used for my testing.

There's also a chance that those LEDs died out. It is not too uncommon and I've had a few die in my VCI-100 over its lifetime.
    That might just be the case. Just tried disco mode and they didn't light up.
    I had the same issue with the left echo button which wouldn't turn blue anymore. But as today it seems to be working again.
    Macbook Black, VCI 100 SE 1.4, Audio 2 DJ, Traktor Pro 2

EHRTOURAGE

Tech Convert

I'm going back to 3.6.4. Playing around with a couple of other people made it all too clear that the v4 mapping isn't for me right now.

On my rig the LEDs on the Loop, Scratch, FaderFX and Juggle buttons kept on burning even though I was switching them on and off multiple times. No fun showing off your digital gear to people used to Vinyl and CDJs when there's still a lot of bugs around (at least with my self-modded -100).
    2011 13" i5 MBPro | TP2 | Self-modded White Arcade Button VCI-100 /w DJTT overlay (FW1.4) | Dicers | Audio2DJ

I confirm the scratch issue, when scratch is on, you just can't scratch. It stops the track, but impossible to move back and forth. Jog seek works though, good work on that as well as the hotcue tap thingy...
    I imported Klaemo's fix on the top of it and it works pretty well though (dunno if it its actually combined or if if it's just the original one...) but I prefered the old fx assignation anyways.

Oh yeah, I wanted to point that out btw, you can't fader fx both track at the same time with the new version, kinda is a problem on big buildups imo.. :eek:
    Traktor Pro 2 | Macbook Pro 15" i7 | Kontrol S4 | MidiFighter Classic | Perseverance

Coming up soon: brand new Soundcloud and Mixcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Koesj View Post
    I'm going back to 3.6.4. Playing around with a couple of other people made it all too clear that the v4 mapping isn't for me right now.
    Why do you say that?
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrotax View Post
    I confirm the scratch issue, when scratch is on, you just can't scratch. It stops the track, but impossible to move back and forth. Jog seek works though, good work on that as well as the hotcue tap thingy...
    I imported Klaemo's fix on the top of it and it works pretty well though (dunno if it its actually combined or if if it's just the original one...) but I prefered the old fx assignation anyways.
    Multiple people have mentioned this issue to me but for most people, updating to the latest version of Traktor Pro solved this issue. Some others were not importing the tsi properly and some were not setting their ports correctly. Others also seem to think they have FW 1.4 when they actually have FW 1.3.

To date I have not been able to find any patterns to this issue or replicate it myself. If you have any clues as to why this is occurring for you, please let me know.

Oh yeah, I wanted to point that out btw, you can't fader fx both track at the same time with the new version, kinda is a problem on big buildups imo.. :eek:
    Yes, Fader FX was changed to use one FX bank instead of two. I totally understand your reasoning for needing two, the change was made mainly to accommodate other FX controllers such as our Midi Fighter. This change made the mappings work together more smoothly. If it is a major issue for you I would use klaemo's change for now. If I have some time in the future, I will try to update klameo's mapping on that with the new changes I made in the updated version. Thanks for your feedback.
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrotax View Post

Im having the exact same issue. Loaded up the tsi before a gig and was like "wtf", the platters would not scratch.

My vci shows up as the 1.4 HD firmware inside traktor.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    To date I have not been able to find any patterns to this issue or replicate it myself. If you have any clues as to why this is occurring for you, please let me know.

Yes, Fader FX was changed to use one FX bank instead of two. I totally understand your reasoning for needing two, the change was made mainly to accommodate other FX controllers such as our Midi Fighter. This change made the mappings work together more smoothly. If it is a major issue for you I would use klaemo's change for now. If I have some time in the future, I will try to update klameo's mapping on that with the new changes I made in the updated version. Thanks for your feedback.
    For the scratch issue it's alright, not that important now that I'm using the fix, and indeed might be caused by my version of Traktor, since i'm pretty sure about the firmware and mapping importation... Don't need to make it a priority imho
    I'm convinced both versions of the mapping should be carried on though, they both work well for different purposes.
    As for the midifighter explanation, I figured that out as I checked out some of the MF threads concerning those issues. So well done for that
    Thx for the clear explanation.
    Traktor Pro 2 | Macbook Pro 15" i7 | Kontrol S4 | MidiFighter Classic | Perseverance

Coming up soon: brand new Soundcloud and Mixcloud.

Tech Mentor

Default issue with klaemo's tsi

hey im using Klaemo's version because i like being able to apply effects to each deck independently but i think ive found a bug id like to confirm:
    in fader fx mode touching the right jog wheel should immediately engage fx unit 2 for deck b. (touching the platter of the left deck while in fader fx mode, turns on fx unit 1 for deck a)

but touching the platter of the right deck while fader fx mode does not turn on effect unit 2......effect unit 2 is turned on when REMOVING my finger from the platter.

do you get this behavior?

thanks by the way for sharing this version with me!
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

Quote Originally Posted by SHUJINCELL View Post
    Im having the exact same issue. Loaded up the tsi before a gig and was like "wtf", the platters would not scratch.

My vci shows up as the 1.4 HD firmware inside traktor.
    Traktor cannot directly tell you whether your VCI-100 is FW 1.4. I assume you are looking in the Controller Manager and are seeing that I put "[FW 1.4]" in the mapping name. This means that the mapping is designed for FW 1.4, not that your VCI-100 is FW 1.4.

However, there are ways that you can determine whether you have FW 1.4 in Traktor after having this mapping loaded. One way is to move a Pitch fader and see what the minimum bpm increment is. If it is .04 then you should have FW 1.4, if the minimum movement is .16 then you have FW 1.3.

People seem to be continually getting confused with whether their VCI-100 is FW 1.4 or an older FW version. Personally, I recommend that everyone upgrades to FW 1.4 as the higher resolution pitch faders and jog wheels have a lot of benefit. Additionally, FW 1.4 fixed a lot of LEDs to allow control via Midi.

However, I will try to add back in the old jog wheel midi commands so people with FW 1.3 can use this new mapping without scratch issues. Not sure exactly when I'll have time to do this but hopefully within a week or so.