Download the Updated VCI-100SE Mapping (3_5_2) - Page 10

View Poll Results: How Stable is this Mapping?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Stable

7 24.14%
  • Almost Perfect

16 55.17%
  • Needs Some Work

6 20.69%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nutronik View Post
    Shift+filter does not work for me! Using 1.2 firm and traktor 1.2.4. Is there another way to make it work, or is it just for 1.3 firmware?
    I can not get the key control to work when I booted into 1.2. Probably has to do with the fact that that knob sends two messages now from center.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

i'v instaled original TSI and it was BIG glitches
    then i instaled glitch fix TSI it was almost good, but little glitsches are still here. how to make it good?
    i want to set FX cue to pre-listen FX on the plaing deck on knobs "load a" & "laod b" on my vci 100 then it not shifted. How i can do this? And another thing: how to do jog wheel more faster in vinyl mode?

winxp + 3Gb Ram + 2,6 Ghz Phenom + NI audio 2 dj

one more:
    how can i jump betweeen tree explorer and tracks lists in brows mode? i want to make all uploads to decks by vci-100, without mouse
    Last edited by kephren; 09-15-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Tech Guru

So, back to the pitch bend issue....

I know to fix the jumping issue i simply shift calibrate it at start up, but I still have this other issue.

When I set it to 8%, I move the physical fader all the way in one direction, but it only changes a very small amount on the screen.

I set it to 100%, and it still only moves the same physical amount on the screen when i move the physical one all the way in one direction.

According to the manual:

"ALL OTHER SETTINGS: Import these if you want the Pitch fader to be set to 8%, and for deck copy to work perfectly. *Warning* this will over-write your traktor settings! So if you like your settings, then do an export to save them before testing these. Then you can always revert later. Otherwise DONT import this part of the TSI file."
    does this have anything to do with it?

much thanks!
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I wrote this in another thread. I set mine that way, but didn't like it because I'll often mix songs that are 8% different and Traktor won't sync then. So I went back to the other way.

Click on the big gear logo in the upper right corner to get to the preference pane, then click on the controller manager section inside the preference pane. Once your in the controller manager and click on the control column to sort it by name. Find the tempo controls, should be 12 of them, and change the rotary sensitivity to 100% in all of them. You can double click on the number and type 100 in.

Next go to the Transport section of the preference pane and click on reset pitch range 8%. You can choose one of the other ranges here, but you'll lose sensitivity.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    When I set it to 8%, I move the physical fader all the way in one direction, but it only changes a very small amount on the screen.

I set it to 100%, and it still only moves the same physical amount on the screen when i move the physical one all the way in one direction.

much thanks!
    It sounds like you went into Preferences->Transport and changed the Pitch Range to 100% but you still want greater range on the Pitch Fader. In order to make a further change, you will need to go into the Controller Manager select the VCI-100SE tsi and sort thru comments to find those listed "Tempo Fader Deck _". There should be three instances for each Deck. In each of these you will see that the Rotary Sensitivity is set to 40%. You can modify this Rotary Sens. value to alter the Pitch Fader range (i.e., increasing it will increase the tempo range). In your case, I would increase it and test it on one Deck until you get it to your liking. Then make sure you set the same value to all 12 lines for the Tempo Faders (3 each for 4 decks) to get consistent pitch fader behavior.

I.E., what photojojo said. heh

Ok, so DJTT is going to be releasing a mapping update to go along with an updated firmware (you should see this within a week) and I wanted to poll you guys to see if there are any other functions that you feel the VCI-100SE is lacking or that you'd really like to see implemented/changed.

For obvious reasons, there won't be any major functional changes (i.e., the overlays still need to make sense) but if people have thoughts or comments they'd like to share please let me know and I will look into incorporating them. Thanks!

Tech Guru

well, for us that dont want to go through the led mapping: maybe a better way of knowing when yo are in juggle and fader fx modes? like maybe blinking buttons?

thanks!
    DJEditorHugger

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I wrote this in another thread. I set mine that way, but didn't like it because I'll often mix songs that are 8% different and Traktor won't sync then. So I went back to the other way.
    thanks i set it like this, ill try it when i get home
    DJEditorHugger

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Ok, so DJTT is going to be releasing a mapping update to go along with an updated firmware (you should see this within a week) and I wanted to poll you guys to see if there are any other functions that you feel the VCI-100SE is lacking or that you'd really like to see implemented/changed.

For obvious reasons, there won't be any major functional changes (i.e., the overlays still need to make sense) but if people have thoughts or comments they'd like to share please let me know and I will look into incorporating them. Thanks!
    Shift+jog to scroll through tracks in the browser. This is helpful when messing around and not using a playlist.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    maybe a better way of knowing when yo are in juggle and fader fx modes? like maybe blinking buttons?
    +1 ... I don't know if the buttons blinking is the way to go since that's the signal the sampler is being engaged, but how about flashing the lights under the platters different colors? It will also help call people's attention to the fact that you're doing tricks... it's always annoying when you pull the coolest stunt you ever imagined yourself pulling off and then you look up to receive your applause, and nobody noticed anything

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast