Old with the new. My new fav shit...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Old with the new. My new fav shit...

Vestax stopped making replacement parts for my old mixer. I bought another one on eBay for parts and have it restored once again alongside two Reloop RP8000's. Loving the feel of the 8000's pitch and the 'NYC' style knobs on my mixer. I'm matching by ear 90% of the time just for that feeling.

(Using Traktor Scratch)
    Last edited by tekki; 05-30-2014 at 05:26 PM.

no replacements you say? hmm well
    i still have my old VMC-004
    and i would love to swap the tiny eq knobs for fatter ones.

lets see what i can find

How you like that reloop?
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Tech Guru

Nice! though having a third pot in the middle would finish it off nicely.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    How you like that reloop?
    Yes, do tell!

Nice setup BTW!
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Shit... id trade my minty black 1200s for the reloop bc I heard you can use slice feature in serato
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Tech Mentor

That mixer....how exotic...I drooled just a little...

Tech Wizard

Thanks, all! The Reloops... I'm in love. Had some Vestax PDX2300MKII's for 10 years, and although the steady digital servo motor, joystick and spring-loaded tone arms were nice, the 'steps' of the pitch fader on the Vestax's weren't fine enough. The high-res pitch faders on the Reloops are incredible, and I'm loving the midi section.

In response to Amadeus, I agree, which is why I ordered a new faceplate kit that comes with 3 new POTs so I'll have more replacements and a nice new finish overall - I'll post updates

PS - I use the shit outta those isolator switches!

Tech Guru

I've always rally liked the old vestax mixers, the old pmc's in particular especially the rotary ones.

Next mixer I buy will be a rotary, and will be the last mixer I buy.

Very nice setup indeed. What kind of stuff do you spin?
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Mentor

I have found vestax to be hit or miss...alot of the quality control issues in general...but their higher-end mixers are nice. The two rotary pots and one line fader look pretty sweet.

If you are into rotaries there are definitely a few different options depending on what you need. Urei, Bozaks, E&S, A&H...I personally found my true rotary love combination in the Xone92:R. Most dj's who use rotaries usually/typically spin house. But obviously, the mixer can be used to mix anything. Purely preference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast