BradCee's new 'Battle Station' (better name pending)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default BradCee's new 'Battle Station' (better name pending)

So i've ditched the VCI, and switched to external mixing and a modular setup - the all-in-one thing wasn't doing it for me anymore.

I'm now running a pair of Reloop Contours and Numark M6 4ch mixer - the Reloops aren't that bad tbh and once you get over the small paddles for effects and lack of pitch fader (there's a knob instead) they can be great fun

Only problem now is my busted ass win 7 (formerly vista) laptop that is struggling with TP2.5, upgrade in a couple of weeks though

le pic;
    WP_000084.jpg

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

nice simple setup

tis the idea

never got into the arcade button mashing thing, prefer a simple 4 deck mixing set-up - not a massive fan of the sample decks these days tbh either...

SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

im on 2 decks but do like arcade button mashing hence having a MF myself, im thinking of getting rid of my vci100 and getting a mixer and controller version of the contour to go with my IE but the lack of pitch fader is my only thing stopping me and the jogs on the vci feel nicer to me

mk 1 vci or mk 2? what sound interface you running atm? cos for the little bit extra on the interface contour you get 4xstereo out, absolute bargain imo
    the jogs on the contour are surprisingly good, little less weight that vci, but just as responsive, but you may miss having 2 jogs. moving onto an external mixer feels so much less cramped too

SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

its Mk1 with 1.4 firmware and interface atm is a contour interface edition so i actually have 3 jogs currently and yeah id agree with your analysis of the jogs.

ah, was trying to figure out IE, lol, kinda obvious in hindsight. tbh as I moved from a similar setup (vci 1.4 and dicers) to a 2xcontour i'm a bit biased in opinion, but honestly think it was the best move for me, depends on your play style really.
    do you actually use the pitch faders as pitch faders for beat matching? i ended up using mine as faders for c & d channels and lazily used sync (my defence is i learned on turntables over 10 years ago so i deserve to be lazy). cos if your not using for them for mixing you might not miss them that much, i really only used mine to change the tempo of the overall mix when i had them.

SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

i sometimes use them depends on my mood but most of the time its a sync and then pitch fader to return to default after bringing the track in so i could manage without them and do sometimes as i use fader fx mode a fair bit

that's a good point, you'd lose fader fx if you drop the vci - unless you keep purely as an fx box, but that seems a bit ott

SoundCloud

Nice setup bro'!

The Contours are awesome controllers!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast