Official Pioneer DDJ-SX Traktor mapping
    Tech Mentor

Default Official Pioneer DDJ-SX Traktor mapping

So they've finally decided to release it...

It's for download on their page right here:
    http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/support/so...J-SX/page.html

Curious to hear your experiences!

Default Thanks

I'll go through this today and let you know my thoughts.

I was just finishing my own mapping... Really interested to see if the jog wheels perform any better for scratch...

Tech Convert

Anyone had a chance to test how well integrated this is?

Whilst this sounds like great news, I'm guessing the integration is all MIDI based, i.e. non NHL (which is 4x higher resolution I think?), so the jog wheel resolution for example will be lower than the NI hardware (S2/S4 etc) or HID hardware (like the CDJ2000's).

Is anyone able to comment on their experience?

I would LOVE for this to work perfectly and would pick up an SX in an instant if it does, but I'm a bit dubious as I doubt NI had any part to play in this mapping, and therefore it's only going to be about as good as most other 3rd party mappings already available?

Would love to be wrong!

Tech Guru

I have the ddj sr, and I used the mapping and it works pretty well. Kinda glad I bought a DDJ

Default Works well - wished it did loop rolls though

Works extremely well - it is midi so not perfect for scratching, but you can somewhat adjust. I didn't play with my Latency so maybe you can get it tighter.

In sync mode it handles the pitch slider really well - this works great in Searto. In most mappings I've played with when you switch your current deck to Sync Master and adjust the pitch fader it jumps back to the original tempo.

It doesn't do loop rolls which the other mappings do.

Otherwise great. I'll probably stick to my personal mapping which is closer to Serato - I don't have the remix decks on the pads for instance since I use the F1's...

Tech Mentor

They released it for the SR as well? Might as well test it myself btw, just waiting for some spare time!

Tech Guru

Its not officially for the SR but I guess both controllers share same codes so it works (kinda).
    I tried it and it did same thing on Mixvibes Cross

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Launch View Post
    Works extremely well - it is midi so not perfect for scratching, but you can somewhat adjust. I didn't play with my Latency so maybe you can get it tighter.

In sync mode it handles the pitch slider really well - this works great in Searto. In most mappings I've played with when you switch your current deck to Sync Master and adjust the pitch fader it jumps back to the original tempo.

It doesn't do loop rolls which the other mappings do.

Otherwise great. I'll probably stick to my personal mapping which is closer to Serato - I don't have the remix decks on the pads for instance since I use the F1's...
    Oh good to know but i'm wondering How to get a tighter scratch i see in the mapping That we CAN change the Jog turn percent... Maybe we CAN get it.

Angry Anyone know if there is a function list anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Launch View Post
    I'll go through this today and let you know my thoughts.

I was just finishing my own mapping... Really interested to see if the jog wheels perform any better for scratch...
    I am attempting to use the mapping, but the controller effects section is controlling the 3 & 4 effects group. Seems there is some non-obvious shift mapping going on here. Jaja Artwork's mapping swapped the wet/dry and now I can't even control FX 1 & 2 with the official mapping...gig in a few hours, looks like I'm back to Artwork for now... Pioneer loves to almost support their hardware. No driver updates since the release? Seriously? This pitch fader isn't going to fix itself. I'd love to use the third-party mapping tools to output the functions, but I'm on a PC.