WANTED: MPD32 Midi Fighter Mapping
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Post WANTED: MPD32 Midi Fighter Mapping

I've been looking all over the forums for a mapping of Midi Fighter Classic or Pro for the MPD32. If anyone can help or has one, I would much appreciate it! Thank you.

Tech Mentor

you can use the deckalized focus mapping from the midifighter. All you need to do is once the mapping is imported changed the CC to number on the mpd in the global functions to 3 and you are ready to go .

You can then quickly map the faders to control the eq's and crossfader

hope this helps
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by jamthrax View Post
    you can use the deckalized focus mapping from the midifighter. All you need to do is once the mapping is imported changed the CC to number on the mpd in the global functions to 3 and you are ready to go .

You can then quickly map the faders to control the eq's and crossfader

hope this helps
    Nice, but its not really what I'm looking for. Like I want the instant gratification mapping, if its possible to have.
    Last edited by Dukez; 02-07-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Im not sure if thats possible but if it was I don't think it would be as nice as you think it would. The pads on the MPD aren't that responsive and pressing 4 pads down in a row would be a bit of a finger stretch.

u can do it using midimasher if u use the learn.exe (and are on a pc) to create a devices file. i already have a config for a mpd18

http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/config/

i seem to remember there being some issue with the aftertouch on the mpd18 or something tho...

personally i'd keep the mpd32 for some cool beat mashing and rhythm programming but the instant grat mapping is fun to try out.

if u have a spare gamepad lying around u could also use that to try out the instant grat mapping as i've just released a version of midimasher with hid support.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

Nice! I'm going to try it out I'll get back to you on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukez View Post
    Nice! I'm going to try it out I'll get back to you on this.
    would be cool to have a mpd32 devices file to include with midimasher anyway

if u have a spare gamepad tho that's probably the simplest way of just trying ou the instant grat tsi. u also don't need to import the midimasher.tsi to do that - just the instant grat one.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    would be cool to have a mpd32 devices file to include with midimasher anyway

if u have a spare gamepad tho that's probably the simplest way of just trying ou the instant grat tsi. u also don't need to import the midimasher.tsi to do that - just the instant grat one.
    once i get it to work ill be sure to forward the .tsi to you Im going to do it now

Tech Convert

I'm not sure what to do, I followed the directions to the T and nothing works. how do i create its own .lua file

Quote Originally Posted by Dukez View Post
    I'm not sure what to do, I followed the directions to the T and nothing works. how do i create its own .lua file
    first thing u need to do (as no one has given me a devices config file for a mpd32 yet) is to create one by running learn.exe

here's a quick grab of me re-rerunning it to create it from my midi fighter:

Code:
    1: LoopBe Internal MIDI
    2: MM to Traktor
    3: Traktor to MM
    4: MidiFighter1 Input
    5: MidiFighter1 Output
    6: MidiFighter2 Input
    7: MidiFighter2 Output
    8: MidiFighter3 Input
    9: MidiFighter3 Output
    10: MM to Ableton
    11: Ableton to MM
    12: Midi Fighter Classic

choose a device: 12
    enter the device type (will create devices/TYPE.lua): mpd32
    writing to [devices/mpd32.lua]
    Enter the number of grid controller rows (0 for none): 4
    Enter the number of grid controller columns: 4
    Press pad 1 on row 1
    Press pad 2 on row 1
    Press pad 3 on row 1
    Press pad 4 on row 1
    Press pad 1 on row 2
    Press pad 2 on row 2
    Press pad 3 on row 2
    Press pad 4 on row 2
    Press pad 1 on row 3
    Press pad 2 on row 3
    Press pad 3 on row 3
    Press pad 4 on row 3
    Press pad 1 on row 4
    Press pad 2 on row 4
    Press pad 3 on row 4
    Press pad 4 on row 4
    q
    before pressing q and <enter> to quit u can also teach it about any other pots/buttons/encoders that it has, but this is all that is needed for the midifighter emulation

you should then have a file called devices/mpd32.lua under your midimasher directory

copy config/mpd18_midifighter_4banks.lua to config/mpd32_midifighter_4banks.lua (or just edit it for now) changing any off the "mpd18"'s to "mpd32"

then you should be able to run midimasher.bat and select the config file

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast