Twitch, Launchpad & Traktor (together)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Twitch, Launchpad & Traktor (together)

Anyone know if Novation Twitch and a Launchpad can be used together with Traktor Pro? I think it could be a cool setup, but maybe too usb intensive..??
    Anyone know anything or any mappings already?

Cheers
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    Anyone know if Novation Twitch and a Launchpad can be used together with Traktor Pro? I think it could be a cool setup, but maybe too usb intensive..??
    Anyone know anything or any mappings already?

Cheers
    no reason why it wouldn't work well. the only problem with the launchpad is it being a bit slow at updating leds - but that's not an issue in tp2 now it uses mutliple threads - tp1 would glitch the audio a bit when doing big updates.

i usually plug various combinations of multiple controllers in when using traktor and haven't (yet) had any issues with using so many usb devices.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Guru

nice,
    but how does one program the Launchpad with TP2? I heard the Launchpad does not use standard midi mapping?
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

nice,
    but how does one program the Launchpad with TP2? I heard the Launchpad does not use standard midi mapping?
    yup - just standard midi. each button sends a midi message out when pressed and u send the same one back to light up the led - with different velocities depending on what color u want. most send/recv notes - a few (the top ones) use CC's - all standard midi tho.

this is the full midi map: http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/devices/launchpad.lua and this is the color values http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/lib/launchpad.lua

it has some methods for bulk led updates and double buffering so that leds appear to get updated at the same time - but it's still just midi - and not needed unless u want to do something a bit different. midimasher uses those for page switching.

it's quite a simple controller to map natively in traktor.

edit: the novation nocturn *doesn't* use midi - not natively anyway - you can only talk midi to it via automap. the launchpad can be used with or without automap - i never use it personally.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

As long as you map them in different controller pages and assing the in/outs accordingly, you shouldn't have any kind of issues with overlaps or conflicting midi channels.

Tech Guru

Thanks guys..wicked!
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Guru

Ah one last ?..This LUA is loaded into Traktor or into the launchpad somehow?
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Ah one last ?..This LUA is loaded into Traktor or into the launchpad somehow?
    u mean midimasher as u mention lua? then neither... midimasher runs and sits between traktor (or any other app(s)) and your launchpad doing the needed translation.

i just showed u those urls as they tell u the midi that the launchpad sends and receives. you don't need the lua itself if you're just going to connect traktor and launchpad directly, useful for knowing what "outs" to add tho - esp the colors for leds

you can just use "learn" to set the inputs in traktor - and you'll see the values correspond to my lua.

tho if u wanted to use midimasher for multiple pages, more advanced led feedback and "twitch" style slicer all builtin - i'll hopefully be releasing a big update today that reduces latency and feels much more responsive.

Tech Guru

Does Traktor have the Serato Itch 2.1 style slicer ability? Not sure if the same..If so, cool.
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Does Traktor have the Serato Itch 2.1 style slicer ability? Not sure if the same..If so, cool.
    nope - for that u need middleware software like my midimasher - but the slicer isn't perfect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast