Cue X-Fade in Traktor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cue X-Fade in Traktor?

I know that it's complicated question, but I'm going to try explaining it anyway. I recently got a Novation Nocturn for my effects in Traktor Scratch Pro, with Hercules MK2 as my main controller. But since Nocturn has a second crossfader, I thought I might put it in good use.
    I have always wanted it, but I haven't had a spare MIDI-Crossfader before. So here is my problem:
    I want to use the second crossfader as a normal crossfader between 2 traks, but only in headphones. So Only I could hear it. One way is to assign 2PFL buttons for monitoring two traks and assign the crossfader as a Cue/Mix fader, but I want only crossfader action, because it saves time and buttons. Maybe assign it as somesort of a "superfader" so if it's full left it cue's left track and moving fader to the right changes cue/mix and when it's over 50% it will change cue to right track and from that on will change the cue/mix?
    EDIT4: I just noticed, that A&H Xone:22 has the feature I want to use in Traktor Pro, here's a pic for what I mean:

Hope you know what I mean and sorry for my English, because It's not my first language.

EDIT:
    I have few problems more:P

2.I might also ad another problem here. What setting do I have to apply if I want a LED to light up when a pitch/tempo fader is NOT 0.0%?

3.Is it possible, to put a LED blinking, at the track end warning, because at the moment it just light's up:S Maybe even blinking at the beatmarkers?:P

4.Is it possible, to put a LED blinking when CUE'd up, like, when I cue up, press CUE, then it blinks, and when I press play, it stops???

5.At the moment my Play/stop button just lights up when I'm playing the track, Is it possyble, to set it blinking to the beatmarkers WHEN I play the track, not paused? I manadged to get the led blinking to the beat markers, but if I scrub through the track with jog-wheel, it still blinks at the beat markers, but I want it to only blink, when the track is playing.

6.I recently got a Novation Nocturn controller and I wanted to use 3rd page buttons for Cue's. I mapped 1st and 5th button as Grid Marker button in Traktor Pro and 234 and 678 as Select/Set+Store HotCue and same out's as HotCue X State, because I would want LED to light up when I have Cue on that button.

Please help me, I have posted it into the NI forums too, but no response there:S

EDIT2:
    Solved problem nr. 5. used the modifiers to set it blinking only when track is playing, and when it isn't the LED is off

UP!!!

Bump!!!

No need to bump this much. Once every 24 hours is more than enough.

I am curious for this one too. (Otherwise there's no other option for me to go, but to mix externally. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

hmmm. This is interesting, however I dont think its possible for traktor. The only way I can think of doing it is to do is to map it to the mix knob for headphones... but you still have to have the pfl buttons engaged for that. I mean, I'm sure there is a way you can work around that with bomes... but I have no knowledge of the program.

I kinda have an idea of how it would work, but I am having trouble articulating it.
    either way, you will need both xfaders to send new messages at 0 and 127, akin to the way the upfaders work in faderfx mode.

Tech Mentor

Easy?
    <note the names will be wrong I'm not sitting at traktor>
    PFL A: crossfader set as button.
    PFL B: crossfader set as button invert.
    Monitor Mix: crossfader.

Invert the button effect will mean that when the fader hits 127 it will turn on pfl b.

The flashing can't be done. Traktor has no ability to make LEDs blink other than beat markers or volume levels. You could try building VERY complex modifier rules to make them flash for the play/cue buttons but it's not worth it as it will be buggy as all hell.
    The track end I don't think could be done without bomes.

Ty for replyes, but how to do it with Bomes then?:S

Tech Mentor

with great difficulty
    Well actually I don't think it's too hard but you'd be better off learning to use Bomes than someone just telling you the settings.

Ok I get it, it's not possible to put them blinking, but some problems not related to blinking remain

Default Cue X-Fade in Traktor?
    I know that it's complicated question, but I'm going to try explaining it anyway. I recently got a Novation Nocturn for my effects in Traktor Scratch Pro, with Hercules MK2 as my main controller. But since Nocturn has a second crossfader, I thought I might put it in good use.
    I have always wanted it, but I haven't had a spare MIDI-Crossfader before. So here is my problem:
    I want to use the second crossfader as a normal crossfader between 2 traks, but only in headphones. So Only I could hear it. One way is to assign 2PFL buttons for monitoring two traks and assign the crossfader as a Cue/Mix fader, but I want only crossfader action, because it saves time and buttons. Maybe assign it as somesort of a "superfader" so if it's full left it cue's left track and moving fader to the right changes cue/mix and when it's over 50% it will change cue to right track and from that on will change the cue/mix?
    EDIT4: I just noticed, that A&H Xone:22 has the feature I want to use in Traktor Pro, here's a pic for what I mean:

Hope you know what I mean and sorry for my English, because It's not my first language.

EDIT:
    I have few problems more:P

2.I might also ad another problem here. What setting do I have to apply if I want a LED to light up when a pitch/tempo fader is NOT 0.0%?

3.Is it possible, to put a LED blinking, at the track end warning, because at the moment it just light's up:S Maybe even blinking at the beatmarkers?:P

6.I recently got a Novation Nocturn controller and I wanted to use 3rd page buttons for Cue's. I mapped 1st and 5th button as Grid Marker button in Traktor Pro and 234 and 678 as Select/Set+Store HotCue and same out's as HotCue X State, because I would want LED to light up when I have Cue on that button.

Ok, but maybe there is a solution to these problems only?

2.I might also ad another problem here. What setting do I have to apply if I want a LED to light up when a pitch/tempo fader is NOT 0.0%? Maybe even blinking at the beatmarkers?:P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast