Steinberg controllers! - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

hahahahaha I once saw a bumpersticker that said: "Welcome to CHINA, building sh*t since ... forever" and under it said -Made in China-
    No offense to them, but it is true, where would we be without them?

Tech Guru

my argument is it should have better components and cost more...
    And that's your opinion. But that isn't what I'm trying to achieve here. Anyone can give you this kind of functionality for $300 or more. But CMD is a system - not a single controller. When you start looking at it from that perspective, putting out components that cost $300 makes no sense at all. What would be the point of it? I want Behringer to permanently change what kind of functionality is expected out of a sub $200 controller. Cost isn't the driving force of this line - functionality is.

...and will open the market to a more serious competitor...
    And that would be pretty amazing, wouldn't it?

...these are likely to be forgotten about by professionals not because of functionality but because of quality.
    I'm not trying to make gear for the top 1% of DJs. I want to give the other 99% of DJs the kind of functionality usually only the top 1% have (or better). We'll worry about the top 1% later.

...I don't get it, they must be cheaply made or what?
    But the question is: How can Behringer manufacture such a product filled with so many features and sell it at that low price?
    I've already explained a major reason why we can manufacture a product at a much lower cost than a competitor while providing the same or better quality.

I was one of the unfortunate ones who bought the BCD2000 when it first came out and hell it was crap (sorry behringer).
    And the BCD2000 was one of the first DJ products of it's kind. It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.

IMHO if these were made a little better than what the look in photo's they would be an absolute winner,
    Here's my biggest point. What can you tell about the quality of any electronic product by the photo of it? That's easily the worst metric to base your opinion on, because you're looking at the one thing on the device that has NOTHING to do with it's function. It's flawed logic. For example, what if plastic was used for a case because it provided a stronger, better case than the equivalent weight in metal would (like in the Kontrol X1)? You are entitled to your opinion, but it's not terribly informed.

Of course, none of you know what CMD is really going to look like, either. We're saving some fun stuff for the actual release.

Tech Mentor

Behringer CMD Studio 4A which is the full controller, includes 4 deck control, 8 hotcues, mixer section with 3 band EQ, EQ kill buttons, loop section and effect section. Along with the proffesional sized pitch faders, I thought well maybe the Jogwheels kill it, but UniqueSquared's DJMadFlip said: "I have to say this about the jogwheels, you know that is like a test for me when I'm looking at controllers. The jogwheel, how accurate it is. The Behringer controller is super accurate, EXTREMELY accurate on the jogwheel." Ok, and this product is estimated for a $199 price?

Tech Mentor

100mm pitch faders, touch sensitive jogwheels and audio interface built in also

Tech Guru

Right, it's $199. And the 100mm pitch faders are high resolution (14bit).

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    And the BCD2000 was one of the first DJ products of it's kind. It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
    So you admit that it has a problem. where is the solution? where?

Tech Guru

the bcd2000 was released years ago and was superceded by several other products.

Windows 95 still has problems too I'm sure.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jalou1995 View Post
    So you admit that it has a problem. where is the solution? where?
    The BCD2000 was released in 2005. The solution is every product released since 2005. If you're waiting for someone to update a 7 year old product, you're more than a little delusional.

Tech Convert

The BCD2000 was released in 2005. The solution is every product released since 2005. If you're waiting for someone to update a 7 year old product, you're more than a little delusional.
    Its a rhetorical question! JEEEZ! my point is (in case you missed it) you guys didnt do anything to solve the problem. you didnt even update the drivers. what reputable brands do if they discover a problem with their release is recall the product. what did you do? well ignored us. wait!!! yes you did something, you released BCD3000 and left the first generation buyers without a proper solution. My point is beyond the afformentioned product but rather your after sale service. Get it???

I know that cheap products tend to break easily but at least make it usable.

a lot of customers experienced this resulting to customers questioning your products. read the forums, reviews, etc and you will see a lot of negative and nasty things about your products.

this is not to bash your company. take this as a constructive criticism. as i posted before, im interested with your cmd series. however, given my past experienced with your product, im now careful in purchasing and having second thoughts.

Im not anti behringer. i own 4 uca/ufo202 and even recommended this product to my friends. im using it for XWAX in linux.

you're more than a little delusional.
    nice way to talk to a customer hahahaha

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!"

peace

Sorry for suggesting the Behringer controllers to the OP guys. Didn't know I was gonna derail this thread so hard. Some of you dudes have a real hate on for the company. Don't like it, don't buy it. I got a bcd3000 and love the shit outta that little guy. Been using it pretty hard for a year and a half.......can't all be that bad.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast