I need beta-testers... - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zawn View Post
    i want to test it too

windows 7 32bit and the equipment in my signature

greets
    Thanks for the support. Here's a link for the latest version...
    http://www.mediafire.com/?7oxwcfyuipfw1u6

This app requires a virtual midi cable, like Midi Yoke from MidiOX which is free and can be downloaded here...
    http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http....com/myoke.htm

To install Midi yoke on windows 7, you have to turn off UAC, here's how you do that.
    1. Download the MIDI Yoke NT 1.74 Installer.
    2. Run "MSCONFIG" from the Run-menu (Win+R).
    3. Go to the "Tools"-tab and select "Disable UAC".
    4. Press "Launch". Close the CMD-window.
    5. Restart your computer and install MIDI Yoke Wink

And here's how to setup my app...

"In Traktor's Control Manager, set your "In-Port" and "Out-Port" to 2 different channels on Midi Yoke, for each controller.
    Then in my program you set the "From Traktor" to the same midi yoke as traktor's "Out-Port", and the "To Traktor" to the same midi yoke as traktor's "In-Port".
    Then in the program you set both "From Controller" and "To Controller" to your controller."

Repeat for each device.

Thanks again for support, beta testing is almost complete, and all of the bugs seem to be gone. But, please leave all the feedback you can, especially if you find any bugs or the problem where the pops/clicks haven't been fixed. Also if you could give me some feedback on the layout/workflow, it would be very appreciated.

Tech Convert

Been testing this out for the past week or so. THIS IS A GODSEND. All the pops and crackles whenever I hit the Shift button on my VCI-100SE are GONE, leaving me with smooth, unaltered music no longer disrupted by background noise.

Specs:

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
    Audio 2 DJ soundcard
    M-Audio Studiophile AV40 monitors
    Sony MDR-V6 headphones
    VCI-100SE
    Traktor Pro 1.24

Installation notes:

-Installation was a BREEZE. Did NOT need to disable UAC like you had recommended to install MIDI Yoke; I tried just giving it a straight install, clicked Yes on the popups, and rebooted when asked. Showed up in my Control Panel without incident, though I didn't need to adjust anything to get it working.

Program notes:

-Definitely need a way to save configurations. This would be my number 1 pet peeve, as right now I leave the program running to avoid having to reconfigure everything when I load it back up. I also need to reconfigure all 4 input/outputs, because:

-The program detects some type of Microsoft Synthesizer, which for whatever reason decides to connect to my controller if I only adjust the top left quadrant's options.

For instance, here's my setup:

From Traktor: Midi Yoke 1
    To Traktor: Midi Yoke 2
    From Controller: VCI-100SE
    To Controller: VCI-100SE

but the rest of the quadrants will say things like "From Controller: Microsoft Synthesizer" or something similar. Readjusting them all to say "VCI-100SE" is no problem, but if I leave it be, Traktor plays a little piano key every time I hit a button on my controller, which was hilarious the first time I used the program but got old fast the dozen other times I reload the program when I saw I had to re-enter everything to stop this from happening.

Though again, switching them all to say VCI-100SE gets rid of it, it's just a chore having to do it every single time I load up the program.

Summary:

These are the only issues I've found so far. Have left it running for days now, and has worked every single time flawlessly. No crashes or other bugs to report. Add in a way for it to save what I put in and it'll be perfect. Also, maybe have it default to leaving the other three quadrants blank (unless something is input by the user) so it doesn't automatically align itself to other "controllers" it finds, to make it easier for new users. Again, this program is a GODSEND and you are the MAN for putting this together. I can't thank you enough!
    Last edited by lavhoes; 10-07-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Tech Wizard

As lavhoes mentioned, it works beautifully. Have not had a problem yet. Our reviews differ however since I did have to turn off UAC in order to install the MIDI Yoke software. But other than that, no problems and have since fully customised all my LEDs to work according to phase metres, master levels, loops, and even cue points in all their own colours. Mention this for the Novation Dicer. Thanks!
    You really are my Ecstasy, my real life fantasy.
    I’ll never be the same, I'll tell you for sure.

Thank you guys so much for the feedback. This is why i love dj techtools.

I'm working on 2 new features at the moment:
    1. SAVE!!!!!! (I know it's a pain to set up each time, so i'm working this in)

2. On/Off for each quadrant. (This way if you only need 1 you can turn the other 3 off and won't have to deal with unwanted midi signals)

I also need to come up with an Icon, and a name for the app? Any ideas/suggestions are always welcome.

JunkTion for some reason pops to mind for a name. I have a feeling though that December updates to TP will make your oh so valiant efforts to fix the crackle/pops obsolete. Nevertheless I am indebted to you for being proactive and designing such a fantastic bit of software. Would you care to elaborate on why Windows users have issues with sending MIDI messages to devices...or how it is implemented in TP. I would make an icon for you if you desire....
    Thanks!

JunkTion is a little close to JunXion, http://www.steim.org/steim/junxion_v4.html

I hope that the updates do take care of this problem, but i think the problem is with the way windows processes midi input (midi coming from traktor). I'm not really sure what the problem is, i really just knew i wanted it to stop. Then I tried everything i could think of until i started getting results. Since then it's been a long process of refinement until now, where at last there is a solution.

I would like to see some icon idea's, so feel free to post some here.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    I would like to see some icon idea's, so feel free to post some here.
    Just an idea... Can change colours easily.
    You really are my Ecstasy, my real life fantasy.
    I’ll never be the same, I'll tell you for sure.

That's a nice looking icon. Thanks a lot.

I should have the final improvements finished this weekend.

Tech Convert

downloaded / installed your program and the midi yoke ... set the ports like you said, but now my LED's wont light up?

im really confused

Can you post a screen cap pic of your Traktor Control Manager, and another of the app?

Just a shot in the dark here, but in the app under File->Midi Setup, you should have everything checked except the window's synth stuff.
    Last edited by Str8upDrew; 10-10-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast