"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 43
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default So close...

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    After minimalizing my set up for a while, I'm going to add my Launchpad w/ midimasher back into my setup. Playing a set with it tomorrow night. Can't wait.

Thanks again zestoi!

@djsckid you should post your full scs3d config file, so we can know where you're going wrong.
    How are you liking the launchpad config?
    Hey muffintop..

The launchpad config works great! It's recognized pretty quickly once I have everything up. I think that's the problem with my scs3d config.. It's not initializing somewhere. :/

Here is the config I've tried so far:

open_midi_device("scs3d", "scs3d", "SCS.3d", "SCS.3d", 2)
    open_midi_device("scs3d", "scs3d", "SCS.3d", "SCS.3d", 2)
    open_midi_device("traktor", "traktor", "V:Traktor to MM", "V:MM to Traktor")
    open_midi_device("midifighter1", "generic", "V:SCS.3D1 Input", "V:SCS.3D1 Output", 2)
    open_midi_device("midifighter2", "generic", "V:SCS.3D2 Input", "V:SCS.3D2 Output", 2)

The second open midi device line is for my second scs3d. The problem is that I don't know if the virtual ports/loopmidi are required for the scs3ds and also what to do in Traktor's Controller Manager. Can I just used the scs3d listings in the first two lines without virtual ports? Or do I need to have three configs setup with loopmidi virtual ports in Traktor (Traktor to MM -> MM to Traktor, Traktor to MM -> SCS.3D1 Input, Traktor to MM -> SCS3D2 Input)?

If I follow the Launchpad config as a reference, I think I'm supposed to use virtual port. But I'm missing something somewhere... Hmmmmm...

Tech Mentor

open_midi_device("scs3d1", "scs3d", "SCS3D1", "SCS3D1", 2)
    open_midi_device("scs3d2", "scs3d", "SCS3D2", "SCS3D2", 2)
    open_midi_device("mf1", "generic", "V:MidiFighter1 Input", "V:MidiFighter1 Output")
    open_midi_device("mf2", "generic", "V:MidiFighter2 Input", "V:MidiFighter2 Output")

virtual_midifighter("scs3d1", "mf1", 0, 0)
    virtual_midifighter("scs3d2", "mf1", 0, 0)

If you are trying to get regular midi fighters on you SCS3Ds try this. If that isn't right names for the midi channels midimasher will give you a name of all of the connected controllers when you try to connect. I don't own a scs3d, so I can't be sure those coordinates are the ones that make since for a midifighter. You might have to toy around with that.

Here are some bits from my current launchpad lua (WIP will post my fresh one soon). Replace device names and stuff w/ what you need and it should be ok for you. (Note, I use multiple pages, so the extra "1" in the MF part is for the page, so you should take it out if you are only using one page on the SCS)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- connect devices

open_midi_device("lp", "launchpad", "Launchpad", "Launchpad", 4)
    open_midi_device("mf1", "generic", "V:MidiFighter1 Input", "V:MidiFighter1 Output")
    open_midi_device("mf2", "generic", "V:MidiFighter2 Input", "V:MidiFighter2 Output")
    open_midi_device("mf3", "generic", "V:MidiFighter3 Input", "V:MidiFighter3 Output")

--
    -- virtual midifighters x2 normal mode
    --
    virtual_midifighter("lp", 1, "mf1", 0, 0)
    virtual_midifighter("lp", 1, "mf2", 4, 4)

------------EDIT--------------
    I just reread an earlier post and saw that you just want the spinning LED on the SCS

open_midi_device("scs1", "scs3d", "SCS3D1", "SCS3D1")
    open_midi_device("scs2", "scs3d", "SCS3D2", "SCS3D2")
    open_midi_device("lp", "launchpad", "Launchpad", "Launchpad")

send(scs1, "vinyl")
    send(scs2, "vinyl")
    virtual_midifighter("lp", "mf1", 0, 0)
    virtual_midifighter("lp", "mf2", 0, 4)

Maybe? that should give you a jumbled mess, but something you can work from
    Then must hook your SCS3D straight up to traktor and map through there. That'd what I'd do at least. Zestoi will try to talk you out of that though :P

It would probably be more helpful for you if the master hopped in on this, but I can probably figure it out if that doesn't work
    Last edited by muffintop; 11-23-2013 at 01:13 AM.

Tech Convert

Default Almost there...

Hey! Thanks for the reply.. I'm starting to get really close now. When I saw your update about the send command I realized the launchpad config file merely calls on the functions which are part of the library lua files (it's been a few years since I've been in a programming class.. I'm a little rusty lol).. The only problem I have
    now from what I can tell is getting traktor to kickstart the scs3d devices into action. I see data passing through loopMIDI on the Traktor to MM output, just nothing from MM to Traktor when I push any buttons on the scs3d.

So midimasher and loopmidi are communicating to the scs3ds fine, there is just a missing link somewhere in my config to get traktor to fully trigger the scs3ds to operate correctly.

Here is my updated config file which initializes the scs3d devices and from what I can tell starts the spinning led function (but doesn't work yet in traktor):

open_midi_device("scs1", "scs3d", "SCS.3d", "SCS.3d", 2)
    open_midi_device("scs2", "scs3d", "SCS.3d", "SCS.3d", 2)

scs3d.init("scs1")
    scs3d.init("scs2")
    scs3d.spinning_jog("scs1", "a", "vinyl")
    scs3d.spinning_jog("scs2", "b", "vinyl")

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    open_midi_device("scs3d1", "scs3d", "SCS3D1", "SCS3D1", 2)
    open_midi_device("scs3d2", "scs3d", "SCS3D2", "SCS3D2", 2)

virtual_midifighter("scs3d1", "mf1", 0, 0)
    virtual_midifighter("scs3d2", "mf1", 0, 0)

If you are trying to get regular midi fighters on you SCS3Ds try this. If that isn't right names for the midi channels midimasher will give you a name of all of the connected controllers when you try to connect. I don't own a scs3d, so I can't be sure those coordinates are the ones that make since for a midifighter. You might have to toy around with that.

Here are some bits from my current launchpad lua (WIP will post my fresh one soon). Replace device names and stuff w/ what you need and it should be ok for you. (Note, I use multiple pages, so the extra "1" in the MF part is for the page, so you should take it out if you are only using one page on the SCS)

-- connect devices

open_midi_device("lp", "launchpad", "Launchpad", "Launchpad", 4)
    open_midi_device("mf3", "generic", "V:MidiFighter3 Input", "V:MidiFighter3 Output")

--
    -- virtual midifighters x2 normal mode
    --
    virtual_midifighter("lp", 1, "mf1", 0, 0)
    virtual_midifighter("lp", 1, "mf2", 4, 4)

------------EDIT--------------
    I just reread an earlier post and saw that you just want the spinning LED on the SCS

open_midi_device("scs1", "scs3d", "SCS3D1", "SCS3D1")
    open_midi_device("scs2", "scs3d", "SCS3D2", "SCS3D2")
    open_midi_device("lp", "launchpad", "Launchpad", "Launchpad")

send(scs1, "vinyl")
    send(scs2, "vinyl")
    virtual_midifighter("lp", "mf1", 0, 0)
    virtual_midifighter("lp", "mf2", 0, 4)

Maybe? that should give you a jumbled mess, but something you can work from
    Then must hook your SCS3D straight up to traktor and map through there. That'd what I'd do at least. Zestoi will try to talk you out of that though :P

It would probably be more helpful for you if the master hopped in on this, but I can probably figure it out if that doesn't work

Hi,

So I'm totally loving midimasher. I'm a programmer turned DJ, so this whole idea (exposing traktor's api via a scriptable midi layer) appeals to me on a deep level.

I had discovered the site http://midimasher.djism.com/ accidentally while browsing the internet, downloaded it, and began using it. I had thought development on it had been halted (since the last version was released sometime in 2012), but then discovered this thread!

Long story short: Damn this scripting is amazing. I personally use all 4 track decks, and since that isn't already supported in midimasher, I implemented it in my local copy (as in I added (add control ...) statements / corresponding mappings in traktor in order to expose decks C/D to midimasher).

But rather than hacking on custom attachments like that, I'd rather support midimasher by contributing it for others to use as well.

So my question is: Is there still active development on midimasher?

Greetings from the Bay Area,
    -wolfbiter

Hi,

I've been using your mapping (thank you so much for it), but am having some problems with crashing. It seems fairly random, but occurs most regularly when I'm pressing a button which sends a lot of midi messages (ex. the button i use to play all 4 decks at once). Has anyone else run into this? I can get some stack traces if that could help.

Thanks,
    Kane

p.s. I plan to release my mapping to anyone/everyone when it's complete: single launchpad with full control over 4 decks (it uses shifts to target deck(s))

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbiter View Post
    Hi,

So I'm totally loving midimasher. I'm a programmer turned DJ, so this whole idea (exposing traktor's api via a scriptable midi layer) appeals to me on a deep level.

I had discovered the site http://midimasher.djism.com/ accidentally while browsing the internet, downloaded it, and began using it. I had thought development on it had been halted (since the last version was released sometime in 2012), but then discovered this thread!

Long story short: Damn this scripting is amazing. I personally use all 4 track decks, and since that isn't already supported in midimasher, I implemented it in my local copy (as in I added (add control ...) statements / corresponding mappings in traktor in order to expose decks C/D to midimasher).

But rather than hacking on custom attachments like that, I'd rather support midimasher by contributing it for others to use as well.

So my question is: Is there still active development on midimasher?

Greetings from the Bay Area,
    -wolfbiter
    I don't know if zestoi is actively developing this or not, but we are still trying to help each other out here.
    At least upload your 4deck "traktor" TSI/config file to here (probably has to be a .zip file to upload .lua if I remember correctly)

When you are done with your LP mapping upload that too. I feel like a lot of us use LP that use midimasher. I'm currently fine tuning my mapping right now. (2 track decks / 2 sample decks)

If you upload your config and tsi file, I will be able to add to yours making even more usability for the community. A+ for teamwork!!!

I personally haven't had any problems w/ crashing. Mac or PC? I have used it on both, and Linux totally fine. I don't ever have a ton of midi signals going out at once though.

@ djsckid I will have some time tomorrow to try to figure your issue out. Probably something silly, but I'm a little pressed for time at the time being. Maybe PM me a copy of your .lua file? Just copy and paste the text into a PM and that will help a ton
    Last edited by muffintop; 12-13-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Awe! it just stopped! any updates with what your working on?
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Quote Originally Posted by tomii View Post
    Awe! it just stopped! any updates with what your working on?
    nice to see an old thread

actually i've been working on my old code the last couple of months - didn't think anyone would be interested still. i'm using it tho and hopefully using it live soon.

anyone... anyone... beuller?...

/z
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    nice to see an old thread

actually i've been working on my old code the last couple of months - didn't think anyone would be interested still. i'm using it tho and hopefully using it live soon.

anyone... anyone... beuller?...

/z
    We are using it to extend the functionality of Traktor in our Dj project. We are 2 Dj playing together… So please keep your engagement going

in case anyone is interested... since it seems ive got the chance for a regular dj spot im creating my setup using midimasher and adding new features like a sequencer. not sure anyone is still actually using midimasher but i you are ill try and fix any issues you have. i havent had any problems so far though (running on mac/yosemite) but as a precaution ive changed the midimasher.sh wrapper to restart on errors

currently mapping 2 launchpads (havent bought any new controllers in a while...) and a djm101 (that ill replace with a Z1 next week)
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"