Headphones - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Headphones

Default Headphones

No doubt will keep in mind as I have a ok pair of cans but their all plastic construction Bose sound is stellar though just wonder how long will last

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

All plastic construction is fine so long as its Sennheiser / TMA / HDJ500 more rubbery flexible type.

(IMHO of course)

Default Headphones

Yeah they are flexiable but I have visions of leaving in my truck overnight when it's -40 and them cracking when they warm up lol. Likely will be a stay at home pair....

Parents sent them to me for a Christmas preset and were quite proud of themselves so I have to keep them lol. Plus the sound is stellar on them believe they are ae2s

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    Yeah they are flexiable but I have visions of leaving in my truck overnight when it's -40 and them cracking when they warm up lol. Likely will be a stay at home pair....

Parents sent them to me for a Christmas preset and were quite proud of themselves so I have to keep them lol. Plus the sound is stellar on them believe they are ae2s

There's a pair of Bose QC3s (similar headband to the AE2s) lying around my house. The flexibility that deevey is talking about is not the same flexibility that you have on the Bose. The flexibility and durability of HD-25-1 iis and the Ahahah's are at the level where you can basically through them at tile walls a good number of times and the things will still be in good condition.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

The flexibility that deevey is talking about is not the same flexibility that you have on the Bose.
    Exactly, the plastic on the Senns(any model), TMA, HDJ500's is the kind that is almost unbreakable, you can twist and turn it till the cows come come, stand on them, throw em at a wall. You'll understand when you have a pair in your hand.

Default Headphones

Haha yes I know what a mean but as stated will be an at home pair

Tech Mentor

Thanks for all the help guys. I decided to go with the v-moda despite some people's opinions. I was so close to getting the senns but with the money I saved I can now buy a traktor dj2 soundcard and a pair of in ear monitors for exercising, working in the yard, etc.

Tech Mentor

Default So much fail

Friend of mine tweeted this. if there's anything I've learned while a member at djtt it would be NOT TO BUY BEATS. Sad to see about $1000 wasted

beats just have a bad rep because they were aggressively over promoted and so friggin expensive for what they are. Dre was a smart enough businessman to think of this first; I was at CES this year and it seems like every damn rap star who exists now has a signature pair of headphones. If you think Beats are annoying wait until you start hearing about RZAs from WESC, or several of the others I can't remember.

They're not terrible sounding headphones; too bassy but not unreasonably so, particularly if you want to listen to hip hop all the time. But they're a lifestyle product, not a DJ product and certainly not "hifi" gear. And while they look cool, they are not made to take any kind of BEATing -- those pretty one piece headpieces snap in two pretty easily; every display I've seen at best buy or whatever has a broken pair. Whereas as others noted you can twist up the headpiece on Senns or TMAs without worrying about breaking them.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    They're not terrible sounding headphones; too bassy but not unreasonably so, particularly if you want to listen to hip hop all the time. But they're a lifestyle product, not a DJ product and certainly not "hifi" gear. And while they look cool, they are not made to take any kind of BEATing -- those pretty one piece headpieces snap in two pretty easily; every display I've seen at best buy or whatever has a broken pair. Whereas as others noted you can twist up the headpiece on Senns or TMAs without worrying about breaking them.
    The worst part about them is the people who claim that "they have the best sound quality ever" and smugly say that "they're listening to music the way it was intended to sound".
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast