RGAS - Rapid Gear Aquisition Syndrome - Page 10
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    How do you like those CDX's compared to CDJs/TT's? BTW: how do you get timecode control if you don't already have an NI audio card?
    those are hdx's... much better the the cdx's cuz after the cd drive goes out i can still rely on the hdd... lol, got a cdx aswell though

honestly they are alot better in my opinion then both traditional cdjs and vinyl. no need to buy timecode (its on the hdd) no need to buy needlez, and higher torque the a 1200. way better then the denons aswell be cause lag is not really noticeable at all.

my single wish is that numark would remake the hdx or cdx with midi and a usb drive (save on cost so no hdd, and once the cd drive goes bad just rely on a jump drive)

Im using a audio 10 for timecode, but gettin an audio 6 because then i wont need a power supply for my gigs. also as a backup or for when i gig with friends... realistically probly going to get both an audio 6 and an audio 8 (biggest regret)

My lovely audio 10

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Hahahaha, £349 or £1800ish. It wasn't that big a bonus!
    Oh well maybe next time
    or you could sell a Kidney
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

Just order the XOne:22....

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Just order the XOne:22....

Good stuff

A&H mixers are the mutts nuts!
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

Tech Mentor

*_* i've seen lots of fantastic lists guys
    Last edited by Dave Dj; 08-10-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by willinfluence View Post
    Good stuff

A&H mixers are the mutts nuts!
    Indeed!

My residency got the Xone:92 a couple years back...and I HATED it at first.

Did not know how to mix with the 4 band EQ.

But read up....got the hang of it real quickly and ended up loving it!

So yeah....big fan!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Got the SL-2, loving serato so far. In different ways than how I love Traktor. I can definitely make a better sound with Traktor (at the moment anyway), and I know the software like the back of my hand, but in terms of absorption into the process I do feel more involved with serato.

I'm not switching completely any time soon, but it's certainly a great thing to have! Now if I could just make the X1 work properly...
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Kinda curious, why did you decide to give the SL2 a go when you're already set up with TSP? I've had an unexplainable itch (HAHA ITCH GET IT? LOL) to play with Serato despite having TP2 and a cheaper upgrade path, but I keep thinking its ridiculous to pay $500+ to plug a soundcard into a better soundcard. Contemplating just getting another 2-channel mixer that would fit a simple system better than the DB4. Dunno... I guess I'm looking for a "natural" DVS solution that still feels like vinyl without the record crates. I can't actually point out anything that would make TSP less viable, but I'm somehow more intrigued by SSL anyways. Could you compare your experience having used both TSP and SSL?

This thread is making me jealous i feel like raiding my bank account.

I have since 2009:

In random order.
    Sony Vaio (2008 model)
    Vci 100se
    Technics Rph1200
    Audio 8
    Tsp
    TraktorPRO2
    lpd8
    Numark Mixdeck (For mobile gigs)
    + Various other pieces of gear inc various Microphones, Pa systems and lights.

My virtual penis feels extremely small at the moment.

At least i have a MacBook Pro 13inch on order.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    Kinda curious, why did you decide to give the SL2 a go when you're already set up with TSP? I've had an unexplainable itch (HAHA ITCH GET IT? LOL) to play with Serato despite having TP2 and a cheaper upgrade path, but I keep thinking its ridiculous to pay $500+ to plug a soundcard into a better soundcard. Contemplating just getting another 2-channel mixer that would fit a simple system better than the DB4. Dunno... I guess I'm looking for a "natural" DVS solution that still feels like vinyl without the record crates. I can't actually point out anything that would make TSP less viable, but I'm somehow more intrigued by SSL anyways. Could you compare your experience having used both TSP and SSL?
    BECAUSE RGAS. duh.

If you want a more pure DVS check out xwax. Serato is almost as complex as traktor these days.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast