[ot-ish] shhhh.....do you hear it? its the calm before the storm that coming in April - Page 19
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    How far you running Karlito? I wish i could run, even if it was just a few miles. I've been 10-15 pounds heavier ever since i had to quit and that sucks.

I've just signed ip for the local half marathon. Furthest I've run before is 3 miles so I've got some training to do but since I hit 30 I'm really starting to feel the weight attaching itself to my gut so I need to do something.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by DJ:CLEAN View Post
    Traktor PRO 2, finally a SAMPLE deck, Colored Waveforms, ect. I can't wait. Check it out here at Native Instruments: http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...j/traktor-pro/
    QFL = Quoted for Lolz.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    Why did you quit PJ?
    Doc says I have achilles tendonitis. We didn't discuss any options outside of stretching the tendon and that's not working so we need to have a more serious talk I think.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

How far you running Karlito? I wish i could run, even if it was just a few miles. I've been 10-15 pounds heavier ever since i had to quit and that sucks.
    Not far at the moment. I got so out of shape its taking a bit to get back into it. I used to quite a bit. Also im going with th g/f these days and its after she finishes work so a quick 30-45mins is enough. 6 times a week. Nothing too lengthy but when i get back to form ill go on a few long runs with the lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Shit man...I've been living in the Paleo cave for almost 3 months...
    Is that the reason for the huge beard? Youve gone back to the caveman and gone all 'hunter gatherer'.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Is that the reason for the huge beard? Youve gone back to the caveman and gone all 'hunter gatherer'.
    Yup...at the crossfit gym I go to they had a 'paleo challenge' that started in January. It was only for 2 months, but I'm staying on it all the way through the end of april.

I absolutely HATE the beard. I grew it as a constant reminder to motivate myself to change everything. I can't get away from the thing...it's always there! I also haven't cut my hair or manscaped. I took this to the extreme...but I needed to.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I shaved my beard, but it's starting to get hot here so it was getting uncomfortable in the motorcycle helmet.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    I took this to the extreme...but I needed to.
    I hear that... about 12 years ago i turned my life around and lost 3 and half stone.
    I had to get very very focused and became obsessed with getting healthy which became slightly unhealthy in itself as i lost a bit to much weight but if i hadnt been so totally extreme i would have flaked.

Currently sporting a beard but it comes and goes. At the moment all the hipsters have beards so mines gonna come off

Doc says I have achilles tendonitis. We didn't discuss any options outside of stretching the tendon and that's not working so we need to have a more serious talk I think.
    Important to differentiate between tendonitis and tenosynovitis - they are differential diagnoses. Incorrect stretching (ie ballistic) done too early will aggravate your injury. Get heel raises (BOTH sides) to reduce load and try physio - DTF's/US/compression cryo (probably means nothing to you, but a sports physio will get it). Its VERY treatable.

Doc says I have achilles tendonitis.
    could be my real name

Tech Guru

Only one more week....