Introduce Yourself - DjTechTools Roll Call! - Page 91
Page 91 of 381 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Hey,

I would first like to say this place is awesome... a bank of endless info!

1.DJ $wizzle - given to me because at my first club gig I was so nervous I had to chew on swizzle sticks to stay calm. My real name is Jeremiah

2. New York, New York

3. Mostly top 40, rap/hip-hop, house, and the occasional country sample (with an electro flare)

Thanks and happy spinin'

Hey I'm Mike and have been posting a few and reading a lot.

I come from a very musical background....guitar, piano, drums, sax, since I was born basically. Got interested in Trance music in highschool and started attending some big parties. That's basically what got my interest into DJing.

Working with Traktor Pro, a Hurcules Steel and and Audio2 Dj at the moment. A&H Xone 53s on their way as we speak. Super stoked for them.

I'm concetrating real hard on song transitioning at the moment, practice everyday. I always seem to find something helpful in the archives here too. Great place to learn!

Tech Student

Hi I'm eRite/EZ-Bake/Eric from Austin, Texas. I've been reading the blog for a few months now - really appreciate the informative articles and gear reviews!

I started DJing a couple of years ago at University of Texas frat parties using a HP laptop, rental PA and my wits. I've since gotten a bit more serious and am rockin a VCI-100SE, Audio4DJ, Traktor Pro and a pair of sweet ass M-Audio monitors. I am still fairly novice with the DJ chops; there is always a lot to learn. Practice, practice.

I'm not gigging these days due to the demands of graduate skool (I had to turn down an offer to DJ a boat party this week ), but I hope to spin (err...control?) some events in the not so distant future.

I prefer to mix house/deephouse/electro/mashup-pop-80s-hiphop as well as the occasional bizarre ambient sample. I'm a huge fan of the UK deep house scene. Respect to Void for representing the ATX EDM scene. I'll come check out Elysium one of these nights since it's just down the street and all...

I'm Matt Lepow AKA BoomBoom from Charlotte, NC but I attend school at University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC. I'm a newbie to controllerism and have just recently purchased my first controller although I have been using a multitude of free programs for the past year, along with creeping the DJTT forums. This website has definitely helped re-spark my interest in DJ'ing and in music. I listen to an extremely wide variety of music and I'm a firm believer that you can spin any kind of music just as long as the crowd is bumpin'. However, my favorite group right now is MSTRKRFT and I've mostly been into the Electric and EDM genre lately. DJTT is one of the most helpful communities I've ever seen thanks for all the help and all the help to come!
    DJ: Numark Total Control, Numark DJ/IO Sound Card, Gemeni PMX 60 Mixer, Ipod Touch, Traktor LE
    Production: Sony Acid Xpress 7.0, Audacity, Anything Free

Hey guys! I've been lurking these boards for a while and always found the help that I needed, so I figured now was a good time to join and become part of the community here. I've been mixing for about a year now with ableton and I've had my apc40 since last fall. Since then I've been experimenting with other controllers and stuff as well as programs, especially traktor. As for music choice I play a pretty solid variety of nu-disco and classic house and a bit of electro too. I got into this hobby just from always being super into music and I'm listening almost any given moment each day. It was a natural choice to get into this as it suits me quite well. I'm always the kid asking if I could plug in my ipod at parties. As for influences I really admire Aeroplane, Classixx, Grum, and Flight Facilities. Anyway, that's that and I'm stoked to learn more here at djtt
    Last edited by Cooper; 05-25-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Tech Convert

Hey everybody! Let me first start off by saying that this site, as whole, has been one of the most helpful things when it's come to learning about DJing, so thank you EVERYONE for making this place such a database of knowledge

My name's Adam, no true DJ name yet (although the names thrown around are Foot, J-Crew, among many others though nothing serious). I've been wanting to DJ for years, and about a year ago I ended up really trying to get into it. I started off with Ableton and an APC40, and very recently acquired a VCI-100 and have switched over to Traktor. I'm really loving it, and I can't wait to start getting involved more on the forums and in the electronic world in general.

I'm from Boston, but go to school in New York, and while I'm not really pinned to a genre, electro or house would be what I spin the most.

Hey everyone, I'd figure I'd actually join up and get in on some action

1. I go by Pork-(suffix), no real alias yet. Probably going to be hard to shed that one though. Bedroom DJ atm.
    2. St. John's NL
    3. I dont really know what genre I play. I play all different genres. I'd call it "club" music I guess. I don't label things very well.

I'm rocking a macbook running traktor scratch pro.

Currently using a scs 3 system and trying to integrate my padkontrol as a midi fighter wannabe.

I'd like to get my hands on a vci-100 arcade controller but thats a bit out of my reach for now.

When I played bass guitar I look up people like Les Claypool and Flea, but now I'm going to give controllerism a try. Mr. Golden seems to be the man in the area. and for that I thank him!

You'll be hearing from me.

Pork

1. Ambiguous Information/Matt Rozensky
    2. Jackson, Mi
    3. Experimental Electronica/Weird Shit/Recently attempting minimal/tech house.
    Last edited by AmbiguousInformation; 06-01-2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: accidentally submitted only one line.

Hey guys my name's Jared Smith, I'm 17 and I started DJ-ing last November getting lessons from this school nearby and using CDJ-1000's and a DJM-800, the club standard I guess.

Equipment wise, this summer I'm going to get a VCI-100 SE, an Audio 4 DJ, some HDJ 1000's, a speakers set, and Traktor Pro. I probably will be broke by then so when I start college in the fall I'm going to have to work my ass off to get some money back

I've already played a gig at a club here (I live in Jakarta, Indonesia btw. I'm moving to America this fall though) so I'm looking to get right into the action when I get to America. Hopefully I'll get on the radio or DJ some Fraternity parties or whatnot.

Anyways this forum is always a pleasure and it's nice to finally introduce myself

1. BestLegs / Tara
    2. Houston, TX
    3. Nu disco, disco, electro, indie dance