DM2 Arcade Button Mod Wiring Help - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Hey guys,

I have a lot of buttons that i bought for this project but didn't end up using (I wasnt planning to use arcade buttons at first, and I bought a lot more extra buttons in case of loss or breakage) They are the small square black ones. They are great for controls that don't need as much tactility as an arcade button like triggering effects and also if you don't want to take up as much room.

I'm selling them right here on DJTT:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...9867#post99867

The prices include shipping and they're cheap as hell so I hope to see these in some of your guys' mods!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by faeruithir View Post
    in OS X you can download a driver for the DM2 to allow it to function as a midi device

http://www.joemattiello.com/dm2/Notes.html

it doesn't give as much in depth customization as DM2midi but it works for me!
    If you guys are looking for extra features let me know. I don't really use my DM2 since but I'm up for ideas on how to incorporate again.

Traktor mode in the existing driver is probably outdated but in the standard midi mode you still get banks and full control of the LEDs. You could do almost anything from there using a well crafted TKS. Traktor mode was made by me before Traktor Pro and before all the modifier flags they've added so could probably be scrapped entirely for a better generic midi mode and some goods TKS's.

Also, it's open source of course and most of the MIDI logic is easy to understand and organized in very simple C++ classes. If you knew javascript you could probably know enough to add some basic features.
    Last edited by JoeM; 04-19-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Mudo

The last time I try it it was a bit buggy but it could be cool update and play with Traktor!

Tech Wizard

Try the Beta 4 version and let me know what bugs you have.

Only bug I'm not interested in is having to unplug it before each re-use. This will probably never get fixed. I inquired with the Linux/Win devs but I think it may be a Mac OS X / USB specific bug, confirmed by a lead OS X USB dev I talked to a while ago. Apparently the DM2 uses non-standard but 'allowed' settings for the USB transfer channel, so the port doesn't close right.

Mudo

Tech Wizard

I've had to move web servers and I have some DNS issues.
    Link fixed now.

Mudo

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
    Try the Beta 4 version and let me know what bugs you have.

Only bug I'm not interested in is having to unplug it before each re-use. This will probably never get fixed. I inquired with the Linux/Win devs but I think it may be a Mac OS X / USB specific bug, confirmed by a lead OS X USB dev I talked to a while ago. Apparently the DM2 uses non-standard but 'allowed' settings for the USB transfer channel, so the port doesn't close right.
    Hey nice to know you're still supporting this software. Its been very useful to me! thanks a lot!

Oh and I just checked the link again, still not working

Tech Wizard

Ahah. Just figured out my ISP has been blocking my website. I just moved it from a dedicated host not realizing my provider blocks port 80 by default (but it was working for me from in the network!) . It should be all resolved now.

Tech Mentor

So the beta 4 version is already what I have.

I'm interested in using the bank buttons as plain midi buttons with just 1 bank in general MIDI mode. It just works easier for me in Traktor that way. Do you think you could make that minor change?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast